How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2013, 12:07 AM
Softube

Default Re: Softube AAX64 is here

Thanks all for the kind words! Very glad to finally get this out – and now I'm sure you understand what took us so long. Rebuilding all the plug-ins from ground up is not only a big piece of work, the testing that follows is enormous. Over 20 plug-ins in AAX, AU, VST2, VST3 and RTAS, 32 and 64 bit versions, Mac and Windows. That makes a lot of possible versions that all need to be tested.

But now it's done and we're on a very stable ground for the future. Looking forward to getting some new cool plug-ins out there for you!

All the best,
Henrik

PS As one poster noted, the Saturation Knob is coming too, as a free upgrade to AAX 64 bit. There were a few issues caught in testing, and we need to get them straightened out. Hopefully it won't take too long, but I have no ETA for you at this point.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zion View Post
Just demoed and purchased the (Tube-Tech CL 1B) and the (Summit Audio TL-100A) Very happy! Will be trying some of there other plugins. It will be great to have the AAX 64bit Saturation Knob back soon. I missed this one!
Saturation knob is included in the focusing EQ
Be aware how you use it, it's VERY sensitive, adding +0.01 will make a audible difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-11-2013, 06:04 AM

I thought it was free? Was is it included with eq?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
Fender Strats, Ibanez Acoustic, Ibanez Bass, Ibanez Electric.

http://www.johnackermusic.com/
[email protected]

Live and Let Live
Old 11-11-2013, 06:05 AM

Why is it.....

[email protected]

Live and Let Live
Old 11-11-2013, 07:35 AM

SD:

PS As one poster noted, the Saturation Knob is coming too, as a free upgrade to AAX 64 bit. There were a few issues caught in testing, and we need to get them straightened out. Hopefully it won't take too long, but I have no ETA for you at this point.
Old 11-11-2013, 03:37 PM

Bummer -

Although I've purchased the whole line except for TSAR and the passive/active pack - I was hoping that the saturation knob would be included in the "all" plugins that were being updated.

C
PT 2021.10 HDX 16x24 -Mac Pro 12 Cores 48 GB RAM OS 10.13.6 - API 16 channel - AMS Neve 16 channel, AMS-Neve-SSL -Pres/Processing, Bock Audio, BLUE Bottle, Neumann, Josephson -Mics, Bogner, Kemper- Guitar, Chandler Zener-Curve Bender Outboard/Master. UAudio, Waves, Plugin Alliance etc.
Old 11-11-2013, 03:53 PM

I was hoping that the saturation knob would be included in the "all" plugins that were being updated.

Again, see above....
Old 11-11-2013, 04:10 PM

I'm missing this sw. I got this on a promotion. Didn't buy anything. So what your saying if you have already purchased some Soft Tube plugins, the update for you will include the free SP? The rest of us need to wait?

Disk

[email protected]

Live and Let Live
Old 11-11-2013, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw rec View Post
I was hoping that the saturation knob would be included in the "all" plugins that were being updated.

Again, see above....
I get it. Their working on it. But they did say "all" were coming "at the same time".

BTW - if you work for them - let it be known. If not, your not doing them any favors. I can wait, it's just a bummer.

Carl
PT 2021.10 HDX 16x24 -Mac Pro 12 Cores 48 GB RAM OS 10.13.6 - API 16 channel - AMS Neve 16 channel, AMS-Neve-SSL -Pres/Processing, Bock Audio, BLUE Bottle, Neumann, Josephson -Mics, Bogner, Kemper- Guitar, Chandler Zener-Curve Bender Outboard/Master. UAudio, Waves, Plugin Alliance etc.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinningDisk View Post
I'm missing this sw. I got this on a promotion. Didn't buy anything. So what your saying if you have already purchased some Soft Tube plugins, the update for you will include the free SP? The rest of us need to wait?

Disk

Saturation Knob plug is not AAX64 for anyone yet. The person above is referring to the softube "focusing eq" plugin which has a saturation knob inside it.