Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2010, 10:13 AM

Default dual monitors separate mix and edit windows?

I am still having issues with this. I can get dual monitors to work. The problem is I cannot get the Mix Window to float or seperate from the rest of pro tools to stick in the other monitor. The only way is to stretch the pro tools across both monitors. I do not want to do that. I want the edit window and wavs to run in one moniter and have the mix window independent. I can grab the transport window and it leaves the confines of the pro tools shell but when i grab the mix window and try to move it out it just disapears into the shell if that makes sense. I have seen this done, my friend has a mac and was able to have the windows independent. I have tried all kinds of seetings. Again my idea is to have the MIX window leave the cinfines of the Pro tools shell and the transpot wondow does this
Old 03-14-2010, 10:18 AM

Default Re: dual monitors separate mix and edit windows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzerboy View Post
The only way is to stretch the pro tools across both monitors. I do not want to do that.

You must do it this way... it's the only way. Stretch the main PT window across both monitors, and place the Mix and Edit windows where ever you wish. You cannot move the Mix and Edit windows outside of the main (parent) window.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:22 AM

How come the transport and counter windows can do this? I thought my friend did it on his Mac?
Old 03-14-2010, 10:24 AM

before you create your project double click on the PT splash window and it will appear on both screens. then in order to drag the edit and mix windows, they must both be in 'minimize' mode. now you can drag them anywhere. You don't have to do it in this order once you learn which windows to min and max.