Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2014, 06:44 PM

Default Installing AIR Creative Collection (An Issue)

My most sincere apologies if this question has already been asked and I missed it. For reference, I have just installed Pro Tools 11 and (after the initial izotope-radius issue) it appears to be running okay so far.

Now I am attempting to install the AIR creative collection suite. I have, however, encountered a bit of a puzzler regarding the installation.

During the install, I am offered two options. The first has to do with (apparently) plug-ins only and requires something in the neighborhood of 500k of space (if I read it correctly). The second option has to do with "content" of the virtual instruments and requires about 8 times that amount of hard disk space.

My question is simply this; Which option is best ... well ... actually ... why are there two options to begin with? It doesn't compute for me. I attempted to use the Shift, Ctrl, & Alt keys to select both, but the installer wouldn't allow me to do that.

I installed the big one (the content stuff), then attempted to install again thinking that I could then glom onto the other one. As could have been anticipated, I am presented with the option of modifying, replacing, or removing the install I just performed. That leaves me well in the weeds because I simply don't know what I should have done or need to do now. I googled myself blue in the goog and could not find an answer.

Simply put, what I seek are all the advertised features seamlessly working with ProTools. What, pray tell, am I missing?

Many thanks and countless gratitudes for any assistance, advice, counsel or direction anyone might be inclined to provide. Clearly, I'm having difficulty figuring it out for myself.

FAX
Old 01-27-2014, 07:39 PM

Default Re: Installing AIR Creative Collection (An Issue)

Okie Dokie ... they say frustration is the step-father of knowledge. I have far more of the former and too little of the latter.

I attempted to re-install the ACCollection (as I've seen it referred to on this board) and both "options" now state that they require 0 hard disk space. To me, this indicates that both have now been installed.

If I knew what files were included, I could find them in the hard drive, but I don't. So I can't.

Meanwhile, a boot of Pro Tools 11 displays absolutely nothing having to do with the ACCollection plug-ins. I can find no reference to them anywhere on any command, menu selection, or dropdown. Mind-melding doesn't even work.

This is a dedicated PC. Nothing on it other than the OS (Windows 7, 64 bit) Pro Tools 11, and now (presumably) the ACCollection suite. I shall attempt to re-install ACC in the hope that magic will occur.

Now, however, an additional issue comes to mind. Oddly, when I had the initial ProTools install-related bug associated with the iZotope_Radius dll, the Elastic Audio plug-in found its way into a folder called "Plug-Ins (Unused)". That doesn't sound real good to me.

The file is "Elastic Audio.aaxplugin" and is in the path "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins (Unused)". This folder is just below what I assume is the normal, correct folder for plugins; "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins". I cannot find "Elastic Audio.aaxplugin" in the correct folder or sub-folders. I checked.

So ... what can I do about that, I wonder?

Again, all assistance is appreciated and a helping hand is a gift from above.

FAX
Old 01-27-2014, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAX View Post
My question is simply this; Which option is best ... well ... actually ... why are there two options to begin with? It doesn't compute for me. I attempted to use the Shift, Ctrl, & Alt keys to select both, but the installer wouldn't allow me to do that.FAX
The 'content' and the plugin 'VI' (virtual Instrument) are two separate entities. The content folder holds the samples that the VI accesses to trigger/play within the sequencer host...in this case Pro Tools.

Typically, it is best to install the VI plugin to the default location...the system drive (C:). Whilst the content can also be installed on the system drive it is good practice, particularly with very large content files, to install it onto a separate drive for better performance. That is; to a separate drive than the system drive and the recording drive...ie a third drive. Some plugins require an extra step to point the VI to the location of the content if it's not installed to it's default location.

Having said that I installed the Air Collection to it's default location, the system drive (C:).

I would go to Control Panel and uninstall the Air Collection and do a re-install using the knowledge given above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAX View Post
The file is "Elastic Audio.aaxplugin" and is in the path "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins (Unused)". This folder is just below what I assume is the normal, correct folder for plugins; "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins". I cannot find "Elastic Audio.aaxplugin" in the correct folder or sub-folders. I checked.

So ... what can I do about that, I wonder?
The correct location for the Elastic Audio plugin file is: (C:)> Program Files>Avid>Pro Tools>System Plugins>Elastic Audio.aaxplugin>Contents>x64.

The Elastic Audio.aaxplugin folder should contain a 'contents' folder which itself contains two folders, Resources and x64. Open the x64 folder; it should contain two files.
Elastic Audio.aaxplugin &
iZotope_Radius_XForm_x64.dll

If those two files are missing you can download them from here and manually install them by copy and paste to the correct location mentioned above;

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/t...ng-from-11-0-1

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O

Last edited by zedhed; 01-27-2014 at 10:01 PM.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:25 PM

Thank you, Mr. zedhed.

I'll redo this thing according to your recommendation. And thanks also for the link.

This deal seems a tad more complicated than it needs to be, but we shall prevail.

Appreciate your help.

FAX
Old 01-27-2014, 09:56 PM

It's not really that complicated....let us know how you get on.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O
Old 01-28-2014, 11:33 AM

..and just in case it matters, Pro Tools gets installed to the C: drive(many newbies think that the separate drive requirement means that PT gets installed on the second drive). Only the sessions go on the separate drive

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 01-31-2014, 02:28 AM

Okie dokie ...

The ACC suite installed correctly on the second attempt although it required no small amount of cursing which I believed helped immensely ... at least it seemed to make the process go a little faster.

Although I have yet to test the feature, the Elastic Audio fix also appeared to work just as Mr. zedhed suggested and predicted.

Many, many thanks for the assistance.

I sort of just jumped in here with a new thread post right off the bat. I trust this did not violate any board rules or regulations. Now that the crisis has passed, please allow me to introduce myself ... my name is FAX. I worked with a very early version of Pro Tools many years ago and recently purchased a copy of 11 for the purpose of recording some demos for a local publisher here in Nashville.

This appears to be a fantastic board veritably rife with intelligent, knowledgeable human people and, even though I don't meet that criteria, I have to say that I recognize the obvious value of this board and the community. Be assured that I shall tread lightly even though I expect to read a lot of posts here.

Again, I sincerely appreciate the help with my difficulties. It made a huge difference and saved me a lot of time.

Best to all,

FAX
Old 01-31-2014, 06:03 AM

That's what is all about. Helping one another😊

📀
Fender Strats, Ibanez Acoustic, Ibanez Bass, Ibanez Electric.

http://www.johnackermusic.com/
[email protected]

Live and Let Live