Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2012, 09:16 PM

Default Pro Tools 10 opens to gray screen...

Ok. Here's the situation. Perhaps someone knows what the heck is going on here. I open my PT10, (just upgraded from a perfectly working PT9), I just get the full dark gray screen but no dialog box which is supposed to ask you what you want to open, recent, new etc... also what bit depth - 16, 24 or 32, that you want to use... What I have to do is take my cursor up over to the word 'file' on the header left and open the file that way... Ok, I can live with that, but can anyone tell me why? Loading the songs also appears really slow... I still get the dialogue box also telling me not all paths will be playing. However, I am unable to retrieve the explanation. I redownloaded it twice now... I guess I'll have to try to live with this the way it is, or go back to 9 but I can tell you this, PT10 so far has been worrisome. We'll see where this goes! AVID you should be ashamed of yourself for releasing this with so many bugs I'm reading here... I'm regretting upgrading. I won't be so quick to do it again. 8 to 9 was smooth, 9 to 10 is rocky... Why does that suck? Because I'm on a deadline and there's lots to be done!! Anyone have any ideas feel free to add your input. I can learn to live with this, but she just seems so damned finicky! Just my take... and I'm worried something is going to give at the worst possible moment!!
Old 01-15-2012, 09:51 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 10 opens to gray screen...

Isn't there a steup preference that lets you either choose or OMIT the dialogue box?
Old 01-15-2012, 02:53 PM

Thumbs up Re: Pro Tools 10 opens to gray screen...

Yes, though I've never unchecked it..., it's no longer checked! In the setup drop down menu, in the preferences. I set it back up as it should be! Thank you! Problem fixed. That's why I love this forum. You may get 80 views with most silent or giggling, or offering wise ass comments, but then one person comes along and holds out his hand, and offers to help! Thank you so much!!! SW. People like you, though far and few between, make this forum a great place to come for answers... The rest will come with just getting used to PT10... Just the learning curve I guess. Thanks again.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:14 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 10 opens to gray screen...

glad to help!
Old 01-15-2012, 06:36 PM

Agreed. Sw and a few others are whose threads I get excited to read. Thanks for being to the point and helpful and not an armchair Avid exec!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am the main songwriter/performer for Midwest Whitetail, Cabela's Deer Nation, Spring Thunder, and Northern Waters Series!