Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 01-24-2021, 12:53 PM

Default Avid Control for iPhone?

I'm sure this has been asked 1000 or more times, and I have done searches and tried to find info and only Avid (corporate videos and links) appear in many searches.. Great if you want marketing stuff...

Is there a way to control pro tools from an iPhone 7 running the latest IOS 14.3?

All I want to do is remotely start/stop recording. Vocals are in a make-shift vocal booth (walk-in closet) in the next room over from my music room. I would love to just start and stop, re-take (cause I know there is going to be a lot of those if I'm singing!). That's all I want to do.. nothing fancy, no mixing, nothing like that.

Is there a simple way this can be done? See my system specs in my sig bock.
64 GB 2667 MHz DDR 4
Internal 2TiB SSD
Pro Tools 2024.3
EuCon 4.8.6.41 / 2023.11
UA Luna
UAD 11
UA Apollo Twin X
Avid S1 / Fire10 - 21.8.1.0
PreSonus DigiMax FS 8-input ADAT
Dynaudio Monitors
PreSonus Temblor 10 Sub

Check my Music out here:

Paul G YouTube

Paul G Bandcamp

Last edited by jeffro; 01-24-2021 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Moved from Pro Tools 2020 subforum.
Old 01-24-2021, 12:56 PM

Default Re: Avid Link for iPhone?

You're looking for Avid Control. Check out the KB article for support info.
Old 01-24-2021, 08:55 PM

Default Re: Avid control for iPhone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
You're looking for Avid Control. Check out the KB article for support info.
Yes, Avid Control. Sorry

Thanks for the doc. So there is no iPhone listed so no support.
Without me spending $500.00 for a new iPad, is there any methods for remote start/stop recording?
64 GB 2667 MHz DDR 4
Internal 2TiB SSD
Pro Tools 2024.3
EuCon 4.8.6.41 / 2023.11
UA Luna
UAD 11
UA Apollo Twin X
Dynaudio Monitors
PreSonus Temblor 10 Sub

Check my Music out here:

Paul G YouTube

Paul G Bandcamp
Old 01-24-2021, 09:20 PM

avid.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/faq/Avid-Control-Support does list iOS/iPadOS 12 - 14 and has Late Generation Apple iPhones in the chart. I'm running it on my iPhone 8 with iOS 14.3 as well as iPad Pro and a Samsung Galaxy Tab-A which was a refurb for $200. The Fire HD 10 listed n the KB might be the most affordable new option?
Old 01-24-2021, 09:50 PM

Check the app store from your iPhone. Compatibility doesn't mention specific phones, only that it requires iOS 11.0 or later.
Old 01-25-2021, 10:23 PM

Default Re: Avid Control for iPhone?

Thanks for all the input. I installed Avid Control on the Mac and iPhone and all I get is blacked out screens. I've enabled Eucontrol in the peripherals / ehternet controllers section.

For some reason I just can't get it to work....

UPDATE: Got it working!!!! :) Had to futz with adding the right controller.. once I did, it all worked! One little victory!
64 GB 2667 MHz DDR 4
Internal 2TiB SSD
Pro Tools 2024.3
EuCon 4.8.6.41 / 2023.11
UA Luna
UAD 11
UA Apollo Twin X
Dynaudio Monitors
PreSonus Temblor 10 Sub

Check my Music out here:

Paul G YouTube

Paul G Bandcamp
Old 01-25-2021, 11:25 PM

Happy to hear you have it working! Maybe you can share more about your experience after you check it out a bit.

I have an iPad Pro in an S1 on my desk for mixing, a Samsung Galaxy Tab-A in a Dock at my keyboard controller under the window (for a change of scenery), and use my iPhone when recording acoustic guitar on the other side of the room. I don't feel locked into one spot (always n front of a big screen) and don't have to keep jumping back and forth especially when I just need transport control in the other spots.
Old 01-26-2021, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Happy to hear you have it working! Maybe you can share more about your experience after you check it out a bit.

I have an iPad Pro in an S1 on my desk for mixing, a Samsung Galaxy Tab-A in a Dock at my keyboard controller under the window (for a change of scenery), and use my iPhone when recording acoustic guitar on the other side of the room. I don't feel locked into one spot (always n front of a big screen) and don't have to keep jumping back and forth especially when I just need transport control in the other spots.
Hey Jeffro, I hope you're checking back with this thread! I bought an iPad specifically for use with Pro Tools. I have Avid control on the pad, but I can't seem to get it working. I'm running Pro Tools Ulitmate 2020.12.0. It says I need the drivers when I try to enable Eucon in peripherals page. But I can't seem to get to the Avid Downloads site. I have tried to connect my accounts for a day or so and get no love. Have not received an email to reset the password... Why are thy not available from my Avid Account which I can get into? Help!!!!

Thanks,

Steve
Old 01-26-2021, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme Mixing View Post
Hey Jeffro, I hope you're checking back with this thread! I bought an iPad specifically for use with Pro Tools. I have Avid control on the pad, but I can't seem to get it working. I'm running Pro Tools Ulitmate 2020.12.0. It says I need the drivers when I try to enable Eucon in peripherals page. But I can't seem to get to the Avid Downloads site. I have tried to connect my accounts for a day or so and get no love. Have not received an email to reset the password... Why are thy not available from my Avid Account which I can get into? Help!!!!

Thanks,

Steve
Hi Steve, don't bother trying to log in. Just go you your Avid Account and download EUCON. When installing, you don't need Control you need to check the boxes on the first few options. Then enable the EUControl protocol under peripherals.

When you launch EUControl there will be a box with two panes (L/R). I guessed at which one I needed to add.

I can't imagine anything being different between Ultimate and regular 2020 which is what I have.
64 GB 2667 MHz DDR 4
Internal 2TiB SSD
Pro Tools 2024.3
EuCon 4.8.6.41 / 2023.11
UA Luna
UAD 11
UA Apollo Twin X
Dynaudio Monitors
PreSonus Temblor 10 Sub

Check my Music out here:

Paul G YouTube

Paul G Bandcamp
Old 01-26-2021, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme Mixing View Post
...I can't seem to get to the Avid Downloads site. I have tried to connect my accounts for a day or so...
I checked your account and the Avid Download Center is linked so click Access Your Account, click EuControl, then click the installer you need to download it.