Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 10-22-2006, 12:24 PM

Default Waves Gold bundle can\'t remap DSP

I just upgraded to HD2 PCIe mac dual 2gig G5 from a mix core with 2 dsp farms. I was really surprised that my new HD2 with the same waves gold bundle i was using on film mixing ran out of DSP very quickly error#-7204. It was a bundle of cash for this upgrade and I can't continue my current projects in HD2 easily. It seems as if each wave plug in takes a DSP chip at like 4 to 10 percent and locks it so other plugins can't use it. So even though the chips have power left per the gas gauge they block out all other proceesing.
I have Pt 7.2 with Waves Gold delivered monday from Sweet Water. with there $120 install charge etc.
Any body got any ideas how to get it all going, and unlock my DSP that is being held hostage?
[email protected]
Old 10-22-2006, 01:03 PM

Default Re: Waves Gold bundle can\'t remap DSP

I have not got a solution but encountered the same thing when upgrading from 4 to 5. It is probably a matter of too many waveshells being active. I'm not sure because I just reverted back to 4 (for me there really was not much benefit in going to 5) so I did not pursue this to the end. But if you do a search and/or contact waves support I am sure it can be sorted out.
Old 10-22-2006, 01:37 PM
Avid

Go to downloads at www.waves.com and you should be able to download the latest waveshell for PCIe. This is only available via download, not on the install CD or DVD. It is the Waves5PT7PCIx3 download, located at the bottom of the downloads section. It should install the correct waveshell for PCIe.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:44 PM

I had to reinstall Waves Shell from a Patch or update and that fixed it. (Shell 5.4.5) Anyway I was on my way to many waves plug ins again and the tech support from Tel Aviv, Sugested I fix my Wave vocal bundle to 1.1. So I did and it brought me back to the same DSP lock out problem with the Gold Bundle. So I just reinstalled again, the patch, and it brought back the correct DSP mangaement. and left the vocal shell 1.1. But I don't think I want to launch any Vocal Bundle plug ins. Anyway I have heard the waves Plug ins are very sensitive to intsall procedures etc. This proves it.
Thanks I'm ok for now.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Anyway I have heard the waves Plug ins are very sensitive to intsall procedures etc. This proves it.

Like many software packages, the only thing to be aware of with installing the Waves stuff (especially patches) is that you have to install things in chronological order, since installing an older piece of software can/will remove the updates.