Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2015, 03:11 PM

Default Re: iLok Licenses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejsongs View Post
Sorry to inform you but that is not true at all. During the whole ilok debacle a year or so back I had all sorts of bad things happen including losing legit licenses that had to be replaced. It can for sure happen and it happened to me.
I apologize for the impact that had on you, and I hope we resolved any issues you experienced. A technical issue (which is actually quite rare) that is then fixed is different than us taking your licenses or changing their terms without cause.

Quote:
Like many of you, I've been a long time pt user and have been on the duc since 2001. I miss the old days of being able to call digi up and get some real tech support...but I find that the kids that they have in tech support now are too new and dont really know the software as well as us, let alone how to fix anything.
Looks like I assisted with your most recent case where you were trying to authorize Amp Farm from a license card. The case shows we resolved that and you seemed satisfied with the result.
I will still take the 'kid' reference as a compliment though. ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejsongs View Post
...the ilm is working better now but I keep most of my iloks off line as I cant afford the downtime or run the risk of something that I've paid for not being there when I need it...j
Understand the concern as it's something you rely on. Hopefully you have been experiencing reliable performance since we sorted that out.
Old 03-26-2015, 07:16 PM

Default Re: iLok Licenses

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Happy to review your case again to see if there is something we can do. Both via eBay? Did you report these?

That's a very kind offer, I appreciate it. If something could be done about it, that'd be a really nice thing.

The guy who sold me the duplicate license refunded me the money just recently out of the blue. But the stolen license case that I picked up on eBay did leave me with nothing but a learned lesson. I did report that one, yes.

Thanks, Jeffro.

iMac Pro
- MacOS 10.14.6
---
- Pro Tools U HDN 2019.6
- Avid HD Omni + HD I/O 8x8x8
- C|24 | S3 | Dock