Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 06-29-2011, 11:07 PM

Default Mbox 3 Pro inserts not working

Hello,

First time posting, didn't see a thread so figured I'd ask here.

My Mbox 3 Pro was working swimmingly, I was using outboard comps and EQs as I/O inserts and was very happy. However, it very recently disabled (2) Hardware inserts due to insufficient resources, and now none of my inserts work!

More specifically, sound registers on the meters of the my analog gear, as well as on the output of the Mbox pro. However, no matter what the fader setting or insert, no audio is received on the input. Tried multiple units, cables, buttons and resets. Even downloaded the update in the hopes it would fix.

At this point it has to be something in the Mbox. Could I have blown it up with soft limit? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Old 07-04-2011, 10:24 AM

Default Re: Mbox 3 Pro inserts not working

As an update,

I can get audio to come back into pro tools by plugging into the line in instead of the insert. However, there is a consistent high pitched whine, which turns into a pretty wicked feedback loop if I turn the output on any of my gear past halfway. I checked the driver GUI and didn't see any routing loops, any idea whats going on with this thing?
Old 07-29-2011, 02:33 PM

More problems with the MBox Pro (3G). I'm on my second one, and it appear my soft-limit buttons aren't working at all!
Old 07-29-2011, 10:07 PM

I'm also on my second one!

When I ran the MBox without the Macbook Pro running, all the LEDs were working, ie switching between speaker sets etc. However, when I booted the laptop up or open Pro Tools all LEDs would go out and the power light would flash!

Apparantly, when I sent it back to the dealer they said there was nothing wrong with it.

I asked for a refund as they weren't very helpful, I'm waiting for my second go praying that it works!!!

If anyone knows what this issue is any help would be appreciated!

Jamie
Old 07-30-2011, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiet View Post
However, when I booted the laptop up or open Pro Tools all LEDs would go out and the power light would flash!
Jamie: A flashing power tally usually means that there is a clock problem. It is possible that when running stand alone, the Mbox Pro is running on its internal clock & when you connect it to a computer, it reads a setup file that prompts it to look for an external clock.

Here's what to do...... Open the Mbox Pro control panel either from within Pro Tools or just the stand alone one. Click on the "Setup" button. You want to see the "General Setup" page. If the "output setup" comes up, click on "General Setup." Look for the Clock source selection. There are 3 choices. If you are not using an external clock generator or using the s/pdif inputs, choose the "Internal" option. This should stop the blinking power tally & allow you to use the Mbox.

I hope this helps.
Old 12-20-2011, 03:03 AM

can anyone help me please, i recently got a stereo compressor and cant get it to run via the inserts, i noticed at the top of this post someone said they got it to run...do i need to change something in the actual i/o setup in tools or is it in the mbox control panel....im desperate now its been a god damn week n im starting to loose all hope HELP!
Old 12-20-2011, 03:38 AM

Sorry for asking the obvious, but you are using a Y cable right? Each insert socket is mapped directly to each input on the MBox Pro, so input 1 = insert 1, etc. There isn't really anything to set up as the Y cable will take the signal out of the signal-path after the pre-amp and redirect it to your compressor, then feed it back into the signal path before the A\D convertor. So, you should just here the compression on the signal in the headphones. If not, try every input/insert. If you still don't here anything, then return to sender!!!