Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 02:12 PM

Default DSP Farms randomly failing digitest. help!

I got two additional DSP farm cards(both with QC PCI chips) and put them in my chassis. Cards are in chassis in this order:
slot-card:
0-Mix core
1-Mix farm
2-Mix farm
3-d24
4-DSP farm II (old one)
5-DSP farm II (new one)
6-DSP farm II (new one)

The problem is that Digitest fails randomly my old DSP farm and one new dsp farm in slot 6. When I run the test either one will fail and the other time I run the test andother one fails and the one that failed last time passes!?! The message I get is: PCI Endian Mode Test (PCI Endian Mode Test): Memory error

Should I ignore this or is there a problem? Wrong card order? My computer is dual 1 gig MDD G4 and cards in MAC are display card, chassis card and SCSI card. OS9.2 and PT 5.1cs2 and digitest is ver.5.1 and chassis is magma 7 slot chassis.

Anyone?
Old 12-13-2005, 04:24 PM

Default Re: DSP Farms randomly failing digitest. help!

Having a similar system (13 slot) it looks like everything should be okay.
That being said I would first remove the D24 card and move up all the farm cards to see if they all check out with DigiTest.
If they do then replace the D24 card and start with one farm card at a time to check their reliability. If all goes well then add a second card etc.

Hope this helps

Rod
Old 12-14-2005, 10:26 AM

I am curious as to what benefits you get a from a d24 in this configuration. and never mind digitest. it means nothing. does your system function or do you have a real problem?
Old 12-14-2005, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Having a similar system (13 slot) it looks like everything should be okay.
That being said I would first remove the D24 card and move up all the farm cards to see if they all check out with DigiTest.
If they do then replace the D24 card and start with one farm card at a time to check their reliability. If all goes well then add a second card etc.

Hope this helps

Rod
I did take out d24 and all other cards passed now. I would keep the d24 there to connect one of my 888's to it (it has a chip for mixer duties). If I connect 888 to a farm card it eats up one chip for mixer. It's like trading a lexicon unit for a bunch of cables
I run the test just to see if the cards I bought are OK or not that's all. Ill put the d24 back in and try to do some work to see how everything works out regardless of what the digitest is telling.
thanks!
kristo