How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 09-09-2020, 07:25 PM

Default Re: Mac Mini 5,2 Compatibility With PT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
However not being able to download old versions is false. There is a thing called Avid Download Center that has every release since 12.6 available, and the current license will authorise all of them.
Okay, I was confused, because in the download center, under 12.7.1, it says yes you can download, but that I wouldn’t be able to use that version if I didn’t have an active upgrade around feb 2017. That’s would led me to believe that I wouldn’t be able to use it if I pay for the year contract monthly payments for an individual. So are you saying yes I can pay monthly and use the serial number for all PT versions?

Or are you saying that I can only go to an authorized dealer and find the old code and purchase that way to be able to have one year access to the older versions?

Last edited by JFreak; 09-09-2020 at 07:26 PM. Reason: fixed the quote
Old 09-09-2020, 07:27 PM

I am not so sure about subscription and old versions, but that I know for sure if you find a REINSTATEMENT code to bring your perpetual license updated, then you will be able to use old versions.
Old 09-09-2020, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiajones View Post
Okay, I was confused, because in the download center, under 12.7.1, it says yes you can download, but that I wouldn’t be able to use that version if I didn’t have an active upgrade around feb 2017. That’s would led me to believe that I wouldn’t be able to use it if I pay for the year contract monthly payments for an individual. So are you saying yes I can pay monthly and use the serial number for all PT versions?

Or are you saying that I can only go to an authorized dealer and find the old code and purchase that way to be able to have one year access to the older versions?
Okay. Wow. So knowledgeable. Thank you very much.