Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-1999, 11:37 PM

Default Best Pitch Correction?

Trying to decide between Autotune, Pitchdoctor, and now TCWorks has Voice Tools which requires a mix chip and also has pitch correction. Which of these do you think is the best?

Thanks in advance
Old 11-15-1999, 06:35 AM

Default Re: Best Pitch Correction?

I have AutoTune and PitchDoctor. I start my vocal tuning sessions with AutoTune in the graphic mode. This is great for tuning only the notes that need tuning and I can also design the performance better.

When I come across a non-periodic waveform that AutoTune can't read (a whispered or growling vocal) then I move to PitchDoctor. PitchDoctor may have a slight edge sonically over AutoTune when you need to do some radical tuning, but the graphic mode in AutoTune can't be beat for precise surgery.

Have not checked out Voice Tools yet.

my 2 cents

[This message has been edited by Stratman (edited 11-15-99).]
Old 11-15-1999, 09:24 AM

Default Re: Best Pitch Correction?

Autotune doesn't tune stereo files - kind of a drag, but if you're only working with mono, and you're interested in tuning only clean, fairly pure stuff (otherwise it's detection algorithm goes wacky), it's a great program. Pitch doctor is a little more versatile at the expense of precision and processing delay.

Hope that's helpful...

----------------------------------------
Mac Studio / Ventura, PT 2023.12.HDX, Avid HD I/Os and Metric Halo ULN8, 3xS1/Dock
Also running a Mac Studio Ultra / Ventura / HDX / MTRX / S6