Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 10-10-2013, 02:41 PM

Default Drivers for fast track

Hi all, I received the fast track solo for christmas a few years ago. Well, whatever that year's model was It came with drivers and a dumbed down version of pro-tools (I think only 2 tracks you could work with at a time or something like that). I've since moved, lost the computer it was installed in and have a new one, however, I can't set it up without the software which is also among the missing. Is there any way to obtain this again without paying out the nose for a support ticket?
Old 10-14-2013, 07:43 PM
Admin Emeritus

Default Re: Drivers for fast track

Was it one of the devices pictured here? There is an older driver on that M-Audio drivers page, and a newer one on the Avid site linked from www.avid.com/drivers on this page:

Fast Track USB Drivers

You are correct that there is nothing registered in your Avid account, so there would be no downloads there. You probably had Pro Tools Essential or Pro Tools SE software included with the hardware, and there were no full downloads of those ever posted.

You have a previous post on this forum from May 2011, so I'm guessing whatever hardware software bundle you got at Christmas would have been a product from 2010.

I would start by trying to get a driver version installed that will work with your device and your current operating system, and then try the device with something like Audacity which is free and works with ASIO devices.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:25 PM

Default Re: Drivers for fast track

I did get the drivers thank you. However, I've tried audacity with poor results. The sound quality is lacking and the tracks done with audacity had a final end product MUCH quieter (in spite of me turning the track volumes all the way up) than the recordings made with pro tools.

Someone recommended mixcraft, which I downloaded their free trial, but it keeps freezing during recording so I won't be purchasing that one either.

I see protools has a student version for 99 dollars. This could work if I can purchase it without being in school at the moment. However, I don't want it to be like my student version of Office and have it shut down after a year or two.

Any other suggestions?