Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2001, 10:07 PM

Default Need PlugIn To Get Rid Noise HELP!

I need a plug in to help me get rid of the static noise or hums created by electric guitar recordings into my Digi001.

I was told by a digidesign clinic facilitator about one that can be downloaded for trial by a company called "Arboritum Systems" at least that's how he spelled it and when I attempt to visit a site by that name it could not be found. The name of that plug-in he said it was the REGEN or REAGAN, something like that.

Anybody has any info or know of another good one? Please let me know. If you have any other suggestions on how to get rid of the noise also please let me know.

Just so you know, I use a Fender Stratocaster California hooked to a POD and then to the Digi001. Look forward to your response.

Thank you and wish you all the best!
Old 06-11-2001, 10:41 PM

Default Re: Need PlugIn To Get Rid Noise HELP!

There's two Arboretum plugs that can be used for NR. One is Raygun which is very basic, best used for quickly cleaning up transfers from LP. The other is Ionizer, which is a multiband dynamics processor which looks very promising, except that the interface is extremely odd and I have yet to find someone who can really get their head around it. I seriously doubt it would be nearly as effective as Digidesign's Broadband Noise Reduction, which is very effective to -16dB (two applications of -8dB). Unfortunately BNR is $299 vs Ionizer at $99...
Old 06-11-2001, 11:00 PM

USE THE RAY GUN I USE IT FOR THE SAM THING AND IT WORKS JUST FINE. GOOD LUCK! MY TURN TO POST.
Old 06-11-2001, 11:18 PM

Powermusic,
Does the Cali model have single coil pick ups like the standards? If so single coils and computer moniters equals ungodly noise!I also use the POD and if I need to use my strat or tele I turn down the volume on the guitar all the way , hit record and with my longest guitar cable run down the hall or street or to the next state for that matter! I've found this routine to cut down most of the noise and burn away unwanted calories at the same time!Otherwise I'll use one of my Gibsons. Good luck hope this helps. Really though just don't turn all the way up until you need to and move as far from the screen as possible.ciao!
waldo