Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2003, 02:56 PM

Default MIDI interface problems with Pro Tools

I am a new user so it may just be because of my own lack of knowledge that I can't find the answer to this question. The last few days I have been using my Korg Triton Le keyboard and a midi interface with Pro Tools LE on my computer. So far I have recorded about a minute of data on about 7 tracks of midi. Recently, when I start to record Pro Tools will let me record for about 30 seconds and then it will quit on me. What I mean is that the midi note I was playing will stall and keep playing. The transport window shows that Pro Tools is still recording but the note stalls in the edit window. When I try to stop Pro Tools from recording the whole program will cease to respond to me and I have to Cntrl-Alt-Dlete out. I am using a 2 GHz computer with almost 1 GB of RAM and the newest version of Pro Tools LE with an mBox.

Old 10-06-2003, 09:50 AM

Default Re: MIDI interface problems with Pro Tools

The Triton Studio has some function that must be turned off in "Global". I read somewhere that if you did not turn off this function that the result would be as you explained. The problem is, I cannot recall what it was and cannot figure it out by looking at my Trition Studio.

I have a problem as well that maybe you can help me with. I am trying to write drum tracks to a midi track in Pro Tools using the Standard Kit in my Korg Triton Studio Keyboard.
But I cannot figure out how to "patch" the keyboard in. I cannot get the Midi set up right. I mean, when I choose "external control" from the Global menu, I can't hear anything and nothing gets recorded. In Pro Tools there is a place in the mix window where you must set up how your midi device is patched in, and I cannot figure out what patch number ot use and how to set it up.

Can you give me a quick set up lesson?
Any one?

Buehler?

Thanks a lot!

www.readyacoustics.com