Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2009, 09:29 PM

Default Can MIDI control plugins at ALL????

k - hope this is a stupid question. Is there any way AT ALL to use a generic MIDI controller to control the parameters on an audio RTAS plugin. (i.e. not a virtual instrument plug)
?????!!!!!

please help!
Old 06-24-2009, 05:28 AM

Default Re: Can MIDI control plugins at ALL????

Yes . See the post a few down below about nanoKontrol.

I have used the same settings to plug in my original Evoltion X-session controllor and it controls the mixer and 8 knobs of any rtas plugin.

What I had not realised was there is a learn functionality with the rtas plugins. This learn funcitionality switch only shows up when you have set up a midi controllor properly in the midi settings tab… IE either using the cs10 profile or using the m-audio keyboard profile. ( what I am not 100% sure of is if this m-aduio profile will work with just any controllor. It may, It may not. The evolution x-session was bought over by M-aduio and they now provide drivers for it so unsure if this makes it work when others may not).

Hope that helps
Old 06-24-2009, 09:11 PM

Any chance you could give a more detailed description of how to set this up? I have been struggling for days to get my expression pedal in my Axiom 61 to control the AIR Fuz Wha plugin so I can use it as a normal real time wha pedal. tearing my hair out!!!
Cheers
Don
Old 06-25-2009, 12:12 PM

Not that would contain any more information thats already in the post i pointed out. i would just be repeating whats already there.