Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2016, 03:22 PM

Default Re: PT 12 Track Presets

Ridiculous
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 07-06-2016, 12:32 AM

This doesn't work for me!??!

I'm on PT 12.5.1
Windows 10 Pro x64

I've created the folder "Track Presets" in "User/my name/Protools" - also tried "the creating subfolders"-method.

They didn't show up before restarting protools, and they don't show up after. I've followed ALL the youtube tutorials on this, and I've followed the tips in this thread - still no success. They just DON'T show up in "create new track"-window.

Anyone has a possible solution I might have missed out??
16 Gb Kingston DDR4
Asus r9270 DC2 4Gb DDR5
Focusrite Scarlett 18i8
ProTools 12.5.1
Old 07-07-2016, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellan View Post
This doesn't work for me!??!

I'm on PT 12.5.1
Windows 10 Pro x64

I've created the folder "Track Presets" in "User/my name/Protools" - also tried "the creating subfolders"-method.

They didn't show up before restarting protools, and they don't show up after. I've followed ALL the youtube tutorials on this, and I've followed the tips in this thread - still no success. They just DON'T show up in "create new track"-window.

Anyone has a possible solution I might have missed out??

I'm assuming you meant:

System Drive\Users\User Name\Documents\Pro Tools\Track Presets\ sub-Folders within Track Presets Folder

I recommend the easy way: Trasher 12
http://www.pro-tools-pc.com/support/trasher/
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!

Last edited by unkJE; 07-07-2016 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Trasher 12 makes it easy!
Old 07-17-2016, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkJE View Post
I'm assuming you meant:

System Drive\Users\User Name\Documents\Pro Tools\Track Presets\ sub-Folders within Track Presets Folder

I recommend the easy way: Trasher 12
http://www.pro-tools-pc.com/support/trasher/
I just love it (NOT) when you give users an advice or help them and they do not even reply nor thank you, makes you wonder why you should continue to help...
Old 07-18-2016, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver M View Post
I just love it (NOT) when you give users an advice or help them and they do not even reply nor thank you, makes you wonder why you should continue to help...
I used to think this way but I've learned to give people the benefit of the doubt when they don't respond back. Some people don't realize they can have email notifications for when a post is replied to; some people that do don't check their isp's Spam folder (oftentimes DUC email notifications end up in mine). Sadly there are some that are what I call hit-and-run or one-post-wonders. They join, post once asking for help and you never see them again.

What really irks me about people not responding is you don't know if what advice you gave them worked or not. It may work for the poster giving advice and others but because of different system configurations it may not work for everyone. That addition to the collective knowledgebase would be helpful. Who knows how many times I've read of people having certain problems but on my system I don't have those issues.

QAPLA!
Old 04-22-2017, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thierryhenry View Post
Pro Tools is amazing and I love it but this track preset situation is a bit crazy.
Not crazy at all. I discovered track presets not too long ago, and I wonder how I managed all these years without them. I've always had templates, but I was importing tracks and groups of tracks from sessions that I'd created for that purpose. Time-consuming sometimes, because the import session data GUI (even though it's very useful) is clumsy. Track presets are unbelievably quick and simple once you've understood how the thing works.
Old 04-22-2017, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesbrunn View Post
Not crazy at all. I discovered track presets not too long ago, and I wonder how I managed all these years without them. I've always had templates, but I was importing tracks and groups of tracks from sessions that I'd created for that purpose. Time-consuming sometimes, because the import session data GUI (even though it's very useful) is clumsy. Track presets are unbelievably quick and simple once you've understood how the thing works.
PT is clumsy this way but my other daw (Digital Performer 9.02) has a real simple solution: clippings. These can be anything from a group of plugins that can be inserted on a track with their setting in place to groups of tracks and their concomitant routings. For instance I have one that has BFD3 (set to output to separate tracks) on one of DP's instrument tracks, the MIDI track to feed BFD3, and the aux and audio tracks to receive each of the outputs from BFD3 along with the bussing and sends I use. With this I can drag and drop into a piece the 20 or so tracks I need for drums (I like to treat BFD's drums like I would a real drum kit). Very convenient.

QAPLA!
Old 05-15-2017, 10:58 AM

Does anyone know a trick to get track presets to show up when you select the "new track" option when clicking on a send? Was pretty dissapointed to see they weren't showing up in this new track menu as well.
32 GB Ram
Syphony i/o 8x8
Old 05-15-2017, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminjamesp View Post
Does anyone know a trick to get track presets to show up when you select the "new track" option when clicking on a send? Was pretty dissapointed to see they weren't showing up in this new track menu as well.
Watch youtube for some tutorials. Seeing it done beats the heck out of trying to explain here

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 05-16-2017, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Watch youtube for some tutorials. Seeing it done beats the heck out of trying to explain here
He's not asking about using the new track dialog but can track presets be called up from right clicking on a send slot? If there's a way to do that I don't know it.

QAPLA!