Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2009, 12:43 PM

Default protools 8 midi editor page size bug

anyone out there got problem with midi editor page and moving from large to small screen[bottom of edit window]. it seems once small window at bottom of edit page is open i can no longer go back to full screen by double clicking on region. tech support trying to help but so far no solution. help! - think it has something to do with preferences folder.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:25 PM

Default Re: protools 8 midi editor page size bug

Same HERE! It actually crashes after a few attemps to resize.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:43 AM

turns out i have a corrupt session-tech support came up with following solution- We advise that you open a new session then go to File Menu - Import - Session Data - File Selector Box (Navigate to Bad Session!) - Select the Bad Session - Import (Open) these files.

This will allow you to save this new session with all the data that you have in the old session.

remember to remove the Pro-tools8_0Prefes.ptp file before creating this new sesion, as opening the bad session first may have corrupted the session data for the midi editor once opened. if you are happy with the new session you have created, then you can disregard the bad session altogether.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:27 PM

Thanks for posting. It worked
Old 07-30-2009, 09:54 AM

glad solution has worked but since then i have been working on another session and guess what same problem-so either i have another corrupt session or there is more of an underlying problem with the midi editor [ i suspect the latter]-so at the moment it seems midi editor sizing is still a bit hit and miss-lets hope a fix will be found in protools update.