Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2013, 12:04 AM

Default Re: Will Pro Tools 10 be supported in Mavericks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Bechara View Post
Any news on Mavericks and Pro Tools 10 ?? Any update ??
No. Avid releases when they're ready. You will see it posted on the Technical Alerts.
Old 12-01-2013, 03:44 AM

Thanks ! :) Awaiting ....
macOS 14.4.1
Pro Tools 2024.3.1
Logic Pro X
Reason 12

UA Apollo 8p
Apogee Thunderbridge/Apogee Symphony I/O 2x6
Eleven Rack/Focusrite ISA Two/Onyx 1640i
UAD Satellite Quad
MOOG Mother 32
Nektar Panorama P1
Axiom AIR 49/Axiom 49/Yamaha P35
Fender Mustang/Marshall Amp/Ibanez Pedals/Fender Strat/Yamaha FG820L/Martin DJr10e
Genelec 8040b/Yamaha HS80s/M-Audio BX5a
Beats Solo/Shure SRH1840/Slate VMS

https://open.spotify.com/artist/7KfV..._branch=1&nd=1
Old 01-21-2014, 12:16 PM

I too would love ANY word from Avid regarding whether they have ANY intention of EVER making a Mavericks-compatible PT 10 version. Like many, I have the dual PT10/11 license. But I got forced into Mavericks due to a computer upgrade.

I really like 11. However, I have templates with older incompatible plugs (specifically samplers) that I've built up over the last 10 years. I need these for my paid, day-to-day work. And this issue has caused me many headaches.

I get that change is needed. And I am on board with that. I do get the big picture here. However, I've tried contacting Avid through twitter and searched these forums far and wide and there's been nothing but radio silence on this issue since the beginning. Avid has been completely unhelpful and disappointing on this front.

In light of today's 11.1.2 release, it would be incredibly helpful to me (and clearly others here) if Avid could shed at least some light on this question. I don't need to know when. Just a simple 'yes' or 'no' so I can make plans around it. Is that too much to ask?
Old 01-21-2014, 12:57 PM

Avid rarely releases there product plans but would be nice to know one way or the other

If I make it to NAMM I may do some arm twisting

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 01-22-2014, 09:38 AM

@ Craig F - Please report back if you find anything out. Avid has really dropped the ball on this one. There are many people who have spent many thousands of dollars supporting this company who have been left in the lurch on this issue. Any info would be helpful. So thank you in advance for trying!

Of course, (if you're reading this Avid), an official statement clarifying what's to come would be ideal.

The cynic in me wonders whether Avid is stalling to hedge and see if they can turn the release of Mavericks into an excuse to break their promise of a fully-supported transition period between formats and just outright stop supporting Pro Tools 10 at this juncture. Their lack of any statement to the contrary concerns me greatly on this front.

Of course, they could put all the rumors and speculation to rest with a simple 'yes' or 'no' statement. And even if the answer is no more PT10 ever, I think people would respect that more than the currently policy of radio silence. Avid, you're going to upset a great many people if you flake out on PT10 support. But please just be honest and let us know. Your paying customers deserve that, at least. Thank you.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:10 PM

alexmine,

I've given up hope after seeing that Avid has already released PT 11.1.2. There are people running PT 10 on mavericks, jsut the uninstaller doesn't work. I'm contemplating doing a Mavericks clone without PT's, then install PT 10 and run it. If I need to uninstal it, I'd have a clone of the clean system. That's an option.

Another would be to purchase ML and roll back you OS? All workarounds, but I'm not holding my breath for PT10 support on Mavericks.
MBP 15" High Sierra 10.13.3, i7 2.6Ghz, 8Gb DDR, 750Gb 7200rpm, PT 2019.5, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Octopre MkII, Glyph GPT50, Avalon 737sp, AMS Neve 1073's, API 512c, CAPI 312's, DW drums, Fender Guitars/Amps, AKG, Rode, Sennheiser, Neumann U87 & KM184's, Coles 4038, Equator D5 monitors
Old 01-22-2014, 04:31 PM

AVID will not support PT 10 on Mavericks.

If they would, we would already know it.

Hackintosh, 3,7 GHz 10-Core Intel i9, 64 GB 3200 MHz DDR4, OSX Catalina 10.15.7, PT HDX 2023.9.0, SSL 4040G+, tons of outboard

Mac Book M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, OSX 23.6, PT Studio 2023.9.0
Old 01-22-2014, 05:30 PM

Anyone want to buy my PT 10 asset? LOL
MBP 15" High Sierra 10.13.3, i7 2.6Ghz, 8Gb DDR, 750Gb 7200rpm, PT 2019.5, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Octopre MkII, Glyph GPT50, Avalon 737sp, AMS Neve 1073's, API 512c, CAPI 312's, DW drums, Fender Guitars/Amps, AKG, Rode, Sennheiser, Neumann U87 & KM184's, Coles 4038, Equator D5 monitors
Old 01-22-2014, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidelis View Post
AVID will not support PT 10 on Mavericks.

If they would, we would already know it.
Well statements like that can bite you in the behind as Avid have not said anything about NOT supporting that aswell as they haven't said they WILL support that config so let's see what arises after Namm

Best of Luck
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 01-23-2014, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Well statements like that can bite you in the behind as Avid have not said anything about NOT supporting that aswell as they haven't said they WILL support that config so let's see what arises after Namm

Hey Southside...I would have agreed with this statement in early January, but seeing 11.1.2, I'm convinced it won't happen..and you know that fine with me. It's not the supporting or not supporting of Mavericks that concerns me...it's the lack of communication of Avid to their user base when it comes to stuff like this. I realize they can't spout off every little detail about their future plans.....but a little word on this would go a long way. This has been said about them in many aspects recently and info about Mavericks and PT10 is very important to studios, seeing that Mavericks comes loaded with new Macs now and people need to know this to move forward with budgets in the new year.

I'm not a big complainer, I love Pro Tools and am not going anywhere, but I have a feeling (and a feeling is all it is) that some time down the line the official word of non support of Mavericks with PT 10 will just show up in a compatibility document somewhere. And that feeling is determined by my perceived history of Avid's handling of this kind of stuff. I hope I get bit in the behind with this statement, and will be very happy if I am. I'm not sure how Namm will play a part in this.