Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 09-14-2017, 12:13 PM

Default Re: Import Audio greyed-out search results.

From where does files were created?

I want to try that.

Dialog Editor, Sound Designer, Re-Recording mixer

nMacPro 6Core/D500/512GB/64Gb ram | PT HD 12 HDN Thunderbolt | HD OMNI | Avid Artist Mix | Novation Impulse 25 | Waves Mercury Native | Audioease All In Bundle | SoundToys | McDSP Classic Pack | DUY Overpack | Arturia Beatstep Pro
Old 09-15-2017, 07:50 AM

Was having an issue on one system where I could not bring up the import audio via hotkey, or via drop down window (greyed out). What ended up being the case, was that there was an active search in the clip bin, clearing the search (shift+cmd+D) then allowed me to import.

This only happened on one of the 9 systems we have running in house, multiple of which are running the same version PT12.5.2. Can recreate on that system like clockwork.
Old 11-15-2017, 11:58 AM

Problem still exists. Macbook Pro 10.12.3; PT 12.7.1 This is the absolute dumbest thing.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propha C View Post
Problem still exists. Macbook Pro 10.12.3; PT 12.7.1 This is the absolute dumbest thing.
Yeah it’s dumb for sure.

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/d...1-Release-Info

PT 12.7.1 the latest macOS support is 10.12.2

Dialog Editor, Sound Designer, Re-Recording mixer

nMacPro 6Core/D500/512GB/64Gb ram | PT HD 12 HDN Thunderbolt | HD OMNI | Avid Artist Mix | Novation Impulse 25 | Waves Mercury Native | Audioease All In Bundle | SoundToys | McDSP Classic Pack | DUY Overpack | Arturia Beatstep Pro
Old 11-10-2018, 06:08 PM

I recently encountered a similar issue. I was sent a collection of mp3 files to review. When trying to import into a session as usual (Shift+Command+I), the mp3's were greyed out. I tried again on a separate/older PT system and had the same problem. Then I noticed that the files didn't include the `.mp3` extensions in their names, even though they were mp3 files. After appending each file with `.mp3` at the end of the name, Pro Tools recognized them and I was able to succssfully import.
Old 12-07-2019, 12:09 PM

bump
Old 12-08-2019, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirr View Post
I recently encountered a similar issue. I was sent a collection of mp3 files to review. When trying to import into a session as usual (Shift+Command+I), the mp3's were greyed out. I tried again on a separate/older PT system and had the same problem. Then I noticed that the files didn't include the `.mp3` extensions in their names, even though they were mp3 files. After appending each file with `.mp3` at the end of the name, Pro Tools recognized them and I was able to succssfully import.
To this I say, everyone should make sure they show file extensions in their Finder settings. Otherwise, you’d run around in circles and may never catch an issue like Chirr’s.

Rig: MacBook Pro (15,1) 6-Core i7 2.6GHz / 32GB RAM / OS 13.5.2 / PT 2023.9 / Waves Horizon v14 / iZotope Music Production Suite 4.1 / Focusrite Clarett 4pre USB / Apple SSD AP1024M 1 TB (System), Samsung T5 SSD 1 TB (Audio) / Cal-Digit TS3 Plus TB3 Dock / Genelec 1030A Monitors