Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2019, 01:33 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 2019 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertDorn View Post
Why not close this thread anyhow. It’s about a non existing pro tools version announced ‘coming soon’ January 24th by avid.

Or let’s just discuss the weather in this this thread

How’s the weather over there?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Correct me if I am wrong but a publicly traded company is only allowed to talk about new actual products that are releasing that quarter. So something had to of gone horribly wrong. They keep laying off the actual workers and the "board" and upper management keep taking more for themselves. Clearly the company is mismanaged and thats reflected in the stock price.
Old 04-16-2019, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilterDecay View Post
Correct me if I am wrong but a publicly traded company is only allowed to talk about new actual products that are releasing that quarter.
That's a myth. And lots of companies talk about products that will be released a year or more out. Often software companies will give long term previews of features or capabilities which don't get incorporated for years.

Lenovo P50: quad-core i7-6820hq, 64GB, 2TB SSD, Win 10 Pro / Protools Ultimate 2023.6 / HD|Native-TB
2018 MacBook Pro: six-core i9, 32GB, 1TB, Monterey / Protools Studio 2023.6, / DVS / DAR, L-ISA Studio

Home/mobile: Focusrite Red 8Pre+HD32R / Clarett 4Pre
Road/hotel: Roland OctaCaputre / Apogee One
Old 04-16-2019, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCBigler View Post
That's a myth. And lots of companies talk about products that will be released a year or more out. Often software companies will give long term previews of features or capabilities which don't get incorporated for years.

Perhaps pro tools 2019 is a crowdfunding project, those also are also announced long before an actual release -if it ever happens-

And we are the crowdfunders through our support plans haha
Old 04-16-2019, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertDorn View Post
Perhaps pro tools 2019 is a crowdfunding project, those also are also announced long before an actual release -if it ever happens-

And we are the crowdfunders through our support plans haha
I got a glimpse of 2019 at NAB last week. It had an open session and everything, but the Avid dude never pressed play on the session after asking if we (the small group I was with) were actually looking at the new version.

He confirmed that it would be out "soon", and when pressed said "around May..."

tg
Mac Studio (2022) M1 MAX / 64GB / 2TB HD / macOS Ventura 13.6.5 / RME BabyFace Pro FS / SSL UF8 + UF1 + UC1 / Roland SYSTEM 8 / Kontrol S61 mk3 / Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 / Nuendo 13 / Reaper 7 / Komplete 14 / Omnisphere / Keyscape / Trilian / V Collection X
Old 04-16-2019, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayter1 View Post
I got a glimpse of 2019 at NAB last week. It had an open session and everything, but the Avid dude never pressed play on the session after asking if we (the small group I was with) were actually looking at the new version.

He confirmed that it would be out "soon", and when pressed said "around May..."

tg

May... that's close to half a year later.
So logically, the $400 subscription rate should be cut in half as well....
16 Core
96 GB ram
macOS Ventura 13.4
Somehow, musicians are now technicians!
Old 04-16-2019, 08:11 PM

If there is anything I’ve learned, is that all the complaining is simply futile. Accept the policy or not, it simply is the new reality, there is nothing to be gained with endless negativity, regardless if it’s warranted or not.
Old 04-16-2019, 10:11 PM

Voting with your feet is probably the best way to send a message but it won't do much in reality.

It is mostly hobbyists and semi-pro's that complain the most and Avid know that.
Old 04-17-2019, 12:44 AM

Negativity has a very good reason for it's existence.
Paying customers do not get what they pay for. The product is faulty, development slow as hell, blah blah....it is getting ridiculous to post the same reasons every 3-5 pages in this thread!
How hard is for some of you to understand that?? Please stop dropping oil to the fire with your stupid assumptions...

A semi-professional's or hobbyist's money, have different colour than the high profile "PRO" for Avid? Seriously? What an insult!

For me, all my clients that walk in the studio, gain the same respect and professionalism no matter if they record a voice over or a full blown LP with live orchestra. This is called ethos!

Cheers!
Old 04-17-2019, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aside View Post
Yep I've had the same thing a few dozen times this year alone. It's bad enough when it's just me... but with a paying customer
This is one of the most embarrassing moments, because it makes you look like someone whose equipment does not work properly and the client will eventually mistrust your business. The audio recording field is already too competitive, we try hard to increase our clientele, this is what matters and why i have every reason to be mad.

Cheers!
Old 04-17-2019, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiz View Post
Negativity has a very good reason for it's existence.
Paying customers do not get what they pay for. The product is faulty, development slow as hell, blah blah....it is getting ridiculous to post the same reasons every 3-5 pages in this thread!
How hard is for some of you to understand that?? Please stop dropping oil to the fire with your stupid assumptions...

A semi-professional's or hobbyist's money, have different colour than the high profile "PRO" for Avid? Seriously? What an insult!
Feel better now you've shouted at a stranger across the internet?

My 'assumptions' are not stupid- they are accurate.
I've been doing this for more than 30 years, worked for numerous manufacturers as well as engineering and producing actual records and I know the pro audio industry better than you do, I'd wager.

Updating to Mojave isn't something that figures into many professional facilities.
They might not go to Mojave for another 2 years.
Avid have never promised Mojave compatibility by X date.

They had an expected date for release that was missed- it isn't binding and anyone who thinks they are owed Mojave compatibility by a certain date is simply wrong.

And to your point of 'A semi-professional's or hobbyist's money, have different colour than the high profile "PRO" for Avid? Seriously? What an insult! '

How naive.
If you buy a HDX 3 + S6 you get a different level of support to a Pro Tools native user.
Of course you do.
If a hobbiest buys a HDX3 and an S6 they will get a different level of support from their dealer and from the manufacturer than if they spend $500 on a DAW.
That's life.

It is the same in the console market and in most other pro audio companies.
It is the same when you fly on a plane.
it is the same when you buy a car.

The more you spend the better support you get and the more attention you get from the company.
I'm sorry if this is news to you.

That doesn't mean they are holding their hobbiest and semi-pro customers in contempt, as you seem to indicate.

Mojave compatibility is obviously something they are working on and it will come.
How about dialling down the rhetoric?

Pro Tools works under specific configurations that are well publicised.
If you choose to go outside the recommended configuration then that is on you.

I'm personally affected by this- I have a 2018 Mac that PT limps along under Mojave and I cannot roll back to an earlier OS on that machine.
I live with it.
It is frustrating but there are workarounds.

I still have my previous computer to run under High Sierra when I need to work in Pro Tools- fortunately only half of what I do requires it.