Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2021, 06:54 PM

Default Re: I want to use my old Pro Tools but I dont have my Mbox Anymore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsbyl View Post
OH MY GOODNESS! Installing the ASIO4ALL completely fixed my issue!! Thank you so much
Wait... i take that back. now the USB mic is only recognized as an output and it doesnt exist in the input
Old 01-19-2021, 07:45 PM

Two pages in and you still have not provided the most basic info like what exact USB Mic do you have.

You may not have ASIO4ALL configured correctly, you may need to aggregate two devices in ASIO4ALL, or you may have the inputs disabled in the ASIO4ALL control panel. It's unclear how you expect folks to help you, how about some screenshots of the ASIO4ALL control panel/setup?

Generally USB Mics are a waste of time and are almost always better off getting a simple interface with native ASIO support and using a conventional Mic. Like a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. ~US$150 street price. If you look through DUC you will see lots and lots of advice to avoid those USB Mics.
Old 01-21-2021, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Two pages in and you still have not provided the most basic info like what exact USB Mic do you have.

You may not have ASIO4ALL configured correctly, you may need to aggregate two devices in ASIO4ALL, or you may have the inputs disabled in the ASIO4ALL control panel. It's unclear how you expect folks to help you, how about some screenshots of the ASIO4ALL control panel/setup?

Generally USB Mics are a waste of time and are almost always better off getting a simple interface with native ASIO support and using a conventional Mic. Like a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. ~US$150 street price. If you look through DUC you will see lots and lots of advice to avoid those USB Mics.
I have a Blue Yeti mic.

it shows that the input is INACTIVE on this microphone :/
I understand the USB mics are not ideal but I'm just trying to record with what I got at hand. Dont't have any plans to spend extra cash on something new. Thanks!
Old 01-21-2021, 06:24 AM

OKAY I believe I've fixed the issue.
I had to "remove device" for the Yeti microphone, re-enable.
After these steps, the devices on ASIO4ALL appeared to be active and working correctly.
In Pro Tools, nothing had changed and the inputs/outputs I needed were not available initially.
So in I/O I pressed the "defaults" button and BOOM all of the inputs and outputs appeared!!
Thank you for all the help friends!