Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2011, 07:08 AM

Default Can't WAIT to upgrade, but when will I be able to realistically?

Personally, I cannot WAIT to upgrade my 2 HD3 systems to a single, consolidated HDX2 or 3 system. I'm running a post house so it'll get me to where I want to go much easier. Right now, I'm using two systems to get 256 tracks/voices and quite honestly, the workflow is not optimal. I'm really looking forward to cleaning that up. I'm curious to see what the upgrade price will be for 2 HD3 systems to HDX. If it's a good deal, I'll definitely want to jump in, but I'm very concerned about what happens when I open my sessions from last year which are heavy on TDM plugins. Is this hardware upgrade just the beginning? Am I going to have to go through the pain of waiting and paying to upgrade all of my plugins all over again before I can get back to where I am right now with everything working solidly? I've easily got $100k invested in my plugins alone for the 2 systems. I'm concerned that even if I could get into the new hardware for a reasonable price, the plugin situation will make it cost prohibitive and technically prohibitive for at least another year or so until all of my plugs are compatible. Any insights on what to expect?
IMDB