Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 01-21-2008, 04:42 PM

Default DAE error #7400 PC (STRIKE only)????? STRIKE WONT LOAD!!

I am so frustrated. I downloaded and installed the new content for strike. All worked well and I was very happy. Today however I launched pro tools succesfully but when I went to open a session with strike on it or any session with strike it says this:

DAE error #7400 and claims "insufficient system resources"

BFD works and so does EZ drummer.

I have alot of songs with strikes patterns being used that were to have vocals recorded tonight but now I have no drums for them because of this issue. It might not be a big deal but strike never let me export it's midi notes out correctly so I cant even use another programs sounds. Aaaargh!

I checked out error #7400 on digidesigns main site. The problem is that the instructions on how to fix it are for a mac and I am P.C. I wondered about trashing the DAE preferences but I cant find them on my computer and also wonder if doing this would mess up any of my strike setting??
PLEASE HELP ASAP. Thanks a million
Old 01-21-2008, 08:19 PM

Default Re: DAE error #7400 PC (STRIKE only)????? STRIKE WONT LOAD!!

This is what pro tools says about the problem and it's fix for a mac. These instructions DO NOT apply to a pc as I cannot find these folders or anything like them on my pc. I even went into my dae folders and right mouse clicked etc with no luck. I just did a full system restore as well on my pc back a few days before installing the new strike content as well as trashed my prefs folder / recycle bin / re-start and I still have the same error message and strike will not load due to insufficient system resources DAE error #74. I went so far as to delete 20 gigs from my c drive and still have almost 5 gigs left on my recording drive. ANY HELP PLEASE?????????

DAE error -7400 while trying to access a plug-in within Pro Tools 6.0 on OS X. May also claim insufficient system resources, or that the plug-in is not installed.
This error is caused by permissions settings on the plug-ins not allowing specific users Read & Write access.

To change permissions on a plug-in, locate it in /Library/Application Support/Digidesign/Plug-Ins/
Select the file and choose Get Info > Ownership & Permissions, click on the lock icon and enter your administrator password, then change the Group permissions to Read & Write