Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2013, 10:59 PM

Default 003 win drivers still NG

The new released drivers for the 003 are NG, The quick punch glitch/broken reverb tail issue has not been fixed. Over two years for a win7 driver update and nada. Good job guys.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:13 AM

Default Re: 003 win drivers still NG

I still think this issue may relate to hardware(FW controller maybe). I've been running the same 003 controller for years now, and last year, I had this issue for a few months, and then it just went away. When I punch in, I hear a very subtle change, but on playback, its almost always fine(and there are no loud clicks or pops). Things that make you go Hmmmmm Wish I had a clear solution for you...

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 06-27-2013, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
I still think this issue may relate to hardware(FW controller maybe). I've been running the same 003 controller for years now, and last year, I had this issue for a few months, and then it just went away. When I punch in, I hear a very subtle change, but on playback, its almost always fine(and there are no loud clicks or pops). Things that make you go Hmmmmm Wish I had a clear solution for you...
Nah this problem is on TI, Ricoh, VIA,JMicron, you name it. The 8.0.4.223 driver from 2009 does not have the quick punch/reverb tail issue and tech support have been told this. I really don't get it.
Old 06-29-2013, 03:16 PM

I think there's been a couple of threads on this, however this is the one I found. I'm running 003 into a pc with i7 930' asus p6 TI firewire card 6 gig ram on windows 7 pro 64 bit. The pops on drop ins have been random, but now it's started to print these noises. Also when I've been consolidating tracks for transfer back to the main studio from my home setup (as described) its printing BIG pops and bangs. This is random but typically it occurs about 3-4 hours into recording. The reverb tail thing is happening all the time but it doesn't bother me. ( it reminds me of the old days when pro tools was even a glimmer in it dad's eye). 48 tracks of studer A800 .. Those were the days. Oops I'm getting milky here. So do I just delete the 003 9 point something drivers and install the version 8 mentioned above or are there any signs of a new driver? What else could I be trying?

TIA

Matty
Old 06-30-2013, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattytoldhatty View Post
I think there's been a couple of threads on this, however this is the one I found. I'm running 003 into a pc with i7 930' asus p6 TI firewire card 6 gig ram on windows 7 pro 64 bit. The pops on drop ins have been random, but now it's started to print these noises. Also when I've been consolidating tracks for transfer back to the main studio from my home setup (as described) its printing BIG pops and bangs. This is random but typically it occurs about 3-4 hours into recording. The reverb tail thing is happening all the time but it doesn't bother me. ( it reminds me of the old days when pro tools was even a glimmer in it dad's eye). 48 tracks of studer A800 .. Those were the days. Oops I'm getting milky here. So do I just delete the 003 9 point something drivers and install the version 8 mentioned above or are there any signs of a new driver? What else could I be trying?

TIA

Matty
You may need to rollback the firmware on the 003 in order to use the older drivers. The only way I have been able to do it is hook up the 003 to an older system. I use a 7.4 system and it will rollback the firmware then it will work with the older drivers. Otherwise it may just hang or spontaneously reboot and then hang. Haven't thoroughly tested the older drivers but they seem to function much better.
I kinda gave up and got an RME UFX, rock solid.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:09 AM

Thanks bcwiz. Now I just have to find an old pt setup .....