Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 07-04-2014, 11:13 AM

Default Blank screen on MC Mix since last firmware update

Hi folks,

I've had an MC mix for a few years now, across time tweaked my setup to get it running pretty nicely and very stably.

I recently upgraded the firmware on it to 1.5.2 and since then the screen has not been receiving information from Pro Tools. When it first powers on, the Avid logo is displayed as normal, however once Pro Tools takes control of it the display vanishes altogether.

I just upgraded EuControl to 3.1.3, hoping this would help, however the behaviour is the same.

I've seen reports of folks having trouble with PT11 and Mavericks, however my system is running really nicely at the moment and I'm finishing up a few tracks and was hoping to avoid messing with the system tooooo much, though the call to have some graphical display back on the MC Mix is getting very strong indeed.

Does anyone have any advice or suggestions?

Thanks a million,

D :)

2 x 2.26 Quad Core Intel Xeon (2009 Mac Pro)
32GB RAM
PT 11.1.0
OS 10.9.1
Old 07-08-2014, 09:30 AM

Default Re: Blank screen on MC Mix since last firmware update

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes indeed, Eucon is enabled, and the faders and mute/solo buttons - in fact all the buttons - act as expected.

It's as if there's some kind of glitch that's not connecting the display into the workflow, because it still shows the Avid logo on boot up, and twice in the past couple of weeks since my firmware update, a session has actually loaded along with the display and everything haas worked as expected. I've tried all manner of booting and rebooting and off and on again scenarios but can't seem to recreate the working display; it seems to have been down to pure luck.

I'm interested if anyone else has experienced this since a firmware update?

Or does anyone know how to roll back a firmware version, or even reinstall the current one? When I try to do so in EuControl it just tells me I'm already up to date.

Thanks again,

D
Old 07-08-2014, 12:32 PM

Okay I've gone back to EuCon 3.0.1 which had firmware version 1.5.1 and am getting the same results.

Double checked by switching the ethernet cable, likewise same results again.

I'm going to try a 2.xx version of EuCon and see what happens...
Old 07-08-2014, 02:43 PM

So, interestingly, after I wound the firmware back to 1.5.1, then installed EuCon 2.7.1, I uninstalled Eucon 2.7.1 and went back to 3.1.3 - the MC Mix operated as expected with the screen working fine the next time I loaded up Pro Tools, but then after an experimental restart of my entire system (including MC Mix off then on again) it has reverted back to the dead screen behaviour.

Very strange.

I just wanted to check with the factory reset procedure; should the MC Mix acknowledge that it has been reset after powering up while holding "Back" down? It seemed to load up in the usual way, just straight to the Avid logos on the screen.

Thanks,

D :)
Old 04-08-2019, 02:25 PM

Hello D. It's been a number of years since your post, but we're having the same problem here with PT 2018.12.0 and EuControl 3.2.2 on mid 2010 12 core MacPros.

How were you able to resolve it?

Thanks,

Ellis