Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2014, 10:02 AM

Default Re: Arturia Vox Continental in P Tools

It's good to hear that the Arturia VI's are playing nicely with 11. Unfortunately, I'm still on 10 with an HD 6 system and, besides some old problems, the Solina VI won't play correctly at any buffer setting lower than 512. The Matrix eventually crash's P Tools. I still have to run them in Reaper but the Solina still makes the weird gurgling noises if I use a lower buffer setting in Tools. Have you auditioned numerous patch's in Solina? It does not exhibit this behavior in all of the patch's, just the more complicated ones
Old 12-20-2014, 07:47 AM

Hi All - well, I finally managed to fix this, quite accidentally. I opened the Vox plugin from the "VST instrument" list in PT rather than just "instrument". It was perfectly in tune. I then went back and opened it from the "instrumebnt" list and lo and behold it was also in tune! No idea how or why, it just worked!

Thanks for all your comments, help, etc, and happy holidays.

bb
Old 12-20-2014, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by briaboy View Post
Hi All - well, I finally managed to fix this, quite accidentally. I opened the Vox plugin from the "VST instrument" list in PT rather than just "instrument". It was perfectly in tune. I then went back and opened it from the "instrumebnt" list and lo and behold it was also in tune! No idea how or why, it just worked!

bb
Out of curiosity, where is this "VST Instrument" list in Pro Tools you speak of?
VST's are not recognized by Pro Tools and will not load so you've peaked my interest.

Pro Tools HD 2019.12 | HD Native PCIe & HD Native Thunderbolt | Lynx Aurora 16 HD | HD I/O | Digi 192 | 2010 Mac Pro 12 Core 3.46ghz | macOS Mojave 10.14.4 | 48 gigs RAM | Tascam DM3200 | Crane Song Avocet II | Antelope Isochrone OCX | Universal Audio Quad & Duo | Waves Mercury + Studio Classics v10 & Abbey Road Collection
Old 12-20-2014, 11:26 AM

Quote:

bb
A: there is no such thing as a 'vst instrument list' in PT - never has been, never will be.
B: you do know the Vox can be tuned from it's gui right? Maybe you had messed with the tuning. I also think there's a patch or two that is other than standard tuning ('broken something' as I forget the actual patch name).

QAPLA!
Old 12-22-2014, 06:31 AM

29Counts & MusicMan:

1. Go to the Instruments list in Pro Tools 10. You will see your virtual instruments. Below these you will also see your instruments in VST format. (Also, if you have a VST wrapper, these will appear under "Wrapped plugins"). Screenshot attached.

2. Vox - the tuning function only stretches within any given tone/note. ie - you can't tune a D note to become E etc. Anyway, it's now working, so...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2014-12-22 at 9.27.13.jpg (42.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-22-2014, 06:39 AM

Oh okay, you have a wrapper that's why you have your VSTs there. Now that makes sense.
I don't use a wrapper for VSTs just rewire them through Reaper which is my preferred method.

Pro Tools HD 2019.12 | HD Native PCIe & HD Native Thunderbolt | Lynx Aurora 16 HD | HD I/O | Digi 192 | 2010 Mac Pro 12 Core 3.46ghz | macOS Mojave 10.14.4 | 48 gigs RAM | Tascam DM3200 | Crane Song Avocet II | Antelope Isochrone OCX | Universal Audio Quad & Duo | Waves Mercury + Studio Classics v10 & Abbey Road Collection
Old 12-22-2014, 07:47 AM

Quote:
29Counts & MusicMan:

1. Go to the Instruments list in Pro Tools 10. You will see your virtual instruments. Below these you will also see your instruments in VST format. (Also, if you have a VST wrapper, these will appear under "Wrapped plugins"). Screenshot attached.

2. Vox - the tuning function only stretches within any given tone/note. ie - you can't tune a D note to become E etc. Anyway, it's now working, so...
I don't know how you did that but on my system I have plenty of vst plugins but I have nothing listed like what you show (in either PT10.3.9 or PT11.3) in you rather blurry screenshot. The fact remains PT never has, and never will support vst format plugins, irrespective of any wrapped plugins or stuff hosted in Blue Cat MB7-2 or Patchwork.

QAPLA!
Old 12-22-2014, 03:26 PM

Well, I've installed plenty VST plugins over the years, and even before I used the wrapper ProTools has read them all no problem (PT7, 8, 9, 10, not 11 obviously).
Old 12-22-2014, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Well, I've installed plenty VST plugins over the years, and even before I used the wrapper ProTools has read them all no problem (PT7, 8, 9, 10, not 11 obviously).
You may have installed what you think was a vst plugin it also probably installed an RTAS version as well which is common. This is why you don't see them in PT11 as that doesn't support RTAS anymore. Once again - PT does not, never has, and never will support vst format plugins.

This is all, of course, if you're not running a hacked version of PT

QAPLA!
Old 12-23-2014, 09:04 AM

Jack is correct. Pro Tools doesn't and never has supported VST plugins, period. Also, now version 11 only supports AAX plugins, no RTAS. You can confirm this information anywhere.