Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2009, 09:14 AM

Default MIDI playback out of time

Hi,

I've been trying to record a piano part on an Instrument track. I can get everything to work fine except that the part plays back not how I played it. It's all out of time and sync with the click/grid. I thought it might be some setting in Reason so I switched to NI Akoustik Piano and still had the same problem.

I'm using a Nord Electro 2 as a MIDI controller and these are brand new MIDI cables. I am running PT LE 8.0.0 with an Mbox 2.

If anyone could help it would be most appreciated!

Cheers,
TG
Old 10-28-2009, 09:36 AM

Default Re: MIDI playback out of time

Not sure if this is same issue i had, but a couple of weeks ago, i pulled up a session i'd been working on, and suddenly the drums (midi through ezdrummer) were out of time! Here's the weird part: i tried to solo each individual track to see where the issue lied ... and once all tracks were solo'd it worked/sounded fine! as soon as i un-solo'd, it was back to offtime.
Again, may not be same issue, so disregard if not, as don't want to take away from original posters question/concern. But if so, i'd love to know what the deal was.
weird

Digi002 R with Command 8 - PTLE 8.03
Intel Quad Q9550
Asus P5Q Pro
Win XP
4GB