Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2002, 02:31 AM

Default An Idea about DC...

We have seen that Delay Compensation is really a complex issue, in terms of DSP calculations and due to dynamic TDM architecture....

What I thing will be very easy to implement for the next software revision (6.0 OSX) is Plug in delay compensation for audio tracks in playback mode...

As we know plug in delay is calculated in samples and displayed in the mixer window, why don't software substract this delay to the pointer which reads the audio samples from the hard disk ?(even the delay compensation in the case of a bus assignement could be controlled by this method)

In case of aux ins, tracks in record mode... I know this is different issue that needs some more time.

I thing this is a solution that will keep our audio tracks in the phase we want without any DSP compsuption and a very easy and fast calculation... just add an offset to pointers

Plaease digi... think about this...

Another thing is I think that automatch times should be in the automation window (instead of under preferences) and should be shown in all the different time units (bars...music, frames cinema -as SSL or Neve glide times- etc.)
Old 10-31-2002, 01:35 AM

Default Re: An Idea about DC...

please take a look...