Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2009, 03:16 PM

Default Smart tool fade doesn't work on some tracks

Hello all,
I have had this problem where my smart tool fade (in, out or crossfade) doesn't work on some tracks. I've been using my 003 for aver a year now and on occasion the fade will not work. For example, I have a song with 16 tracks, most of which I can fade with no problem by aligning my cursor on the top of the track near either end. But some of the tracks will NOT allow the smart tool fade. I use playlists a lot and I wonder if that may be an issue. Also, this is on mono audio tracks.

Has anyone had the problem or have any advise.

Thanks,
Edward
PT 7.3
iMac 24" 2GB RAM (Tiger)
Digimax FS
Old 01-16-2009, 03:40 PM

Default Re: Smart tool fade doesn't work on some tracks

There's a possibility that there is a tiny audio region on that track that you can't see, or you inadvertently created an almost imperceptible fade. So, when you try to drag a fade there's already a fade or to small a region to grab. You can either zoom in to a sample size and see if that's the problem, or just delete the end or beginning of the file and re-drag to it's proper length and try the fade again.
S3
Old 01-16-2009, 06:03 PM

Default Re: Smart tool fade doesn't work on some tracks

I did some testing and figured it out. I had not already put a fade in and there was not a very tiny region of audio I could not see. But just as you said Porky, I can delete and re-drag to proper length and it works every time. I can't use the trim tool to make shorter or longer (if it can be lengthened) and fade, it MUST be cut in order for it to work.

Hey Digidesign people, is this a glitch or ???

Thanks for the help Porky

Edward