Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2001, 06:39 AM

Default PostConform & USD/SSD

Here's the issue. I take a standard CMX3600 EDL, set everything up to load and export my PT session. Generally regions are pretty close and after applying Titan to the session sync is pretty accurate (Phase thru zero) on regions under about 10-15 seconds. If a take is about a minute long there is major drift by the end of the take. If I do this process Digital to Analogue, sync is bang-on, if it's Digital to Digital but with the I/O set to internal clock, sync is bang-on but I'm asking for clocking errors. If I go Digital to Digital with Digital reference there isn't any way I can get a longer take to be accurate. I have tried every clock resolving combination possible, I've switched from an SSD to a USD, no difference. Speaking of the USD, why does it switch to 29.97ndf by itself when loading 30ndf elements. I guess the question is, what is the precise setup to load 30ndf field tapes digitally into a 29drop for NTSC session? Entire system is on blackburst. [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2001, 06:43 AM

Default Re: PostConform & USD/SSD

P.S. Sample rate on USD through Postconform is set to 16bit/48k pull-up