Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 05-05-2002, 06:41 AM

Default Does anyone here use the "Dyanamo" Native Instruments from the 001 Factory Bundle??

hey there,
i'm a recent digi001 factory buyer, and i've finally gotten around to breaking into the dynamo001 package from native instruments that came with it........and i can't figure it out at all.

i know i saw some blurb that the direct connect utility doesn't work with the windows 001, but that there's some way around it for windows.

i can't even get a sound out of it though, i tried plugging my midi into it, and when selecting the digi001 midi ports from the selection window, it said they were unavailable and being used by another program.

and i know the manual's in english, but i still can't really understand what i'm supposed to do with this software!!!

i'm sure it has great utilities that i would love to utilize, but does anyone have a good way to get me started with this stuff?

your help is GREATLY appreciated. thanks.
Fitter, Happier Studios...
Old 05-05-2002, 07:42 AM

Default Re: Does anyone here use the "Dyanamo" Native Instruments from the 001 Factory Bundle??

Hi Josh-
It's been awhile but I managed to get some sound out of the Dynamo... Have you gone through the Dynamo menu and configured the outputs? Start there and get some basic sound coming out before you get the midi controller working. There are some demos you can play to help get started.

The setup that seems to work best with the current version of PT is to install a second sound card, and assign Dynamo to that card. Install a software MIDI driver from HUBI, that will allow you to connect PT to Dynamo midi-wise.

Then run a physical connection (cord) from the Dynamo soundcard out, to the PT 001 input of your choice.

A search here for HUBI and DYNAMO will bring up previous threads that explain more, but that's the basic setup. Also, run a search in Pro Tools Host Tips and Techniques...
Old 05-05-2002, 08:38 AM

Default Re: Does anyone here use the "Dyanamo" Native Instruments from the 001 Factory Bundle??

i have sound coming out, as far as those demos that you've mentioned. but i don't have a 2nd sound card, and had been recommended not to. i'm just curious how to get my midi device that's already plugged into my 001 box with the midi ins and outs through the dynamo software and into a pro tools track?

any suggestions??
Old 05-06-2002, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by pedrohead:
... i don't have a 2nd sound card...... how to get my midi device that's already plugged into my 001 box with the midi ins and outs through the dynamo software and into a pro tools track?

any suggestions??
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">As Stone Knife mentioned above, you need a second soundcard with the audio outs physically connected to the audio inputs of the 001. PTLE Windows does not currently support Directconnect.

"Guy goes to the doctor and the doctor says I'm sorry but I have bad news....guy says well doc can I get a second opinion and the doctor says Yeah, you're ugly too".
Old 05-06-2002, 10:32 AM

and when i get this 2nd audio card, do i still use the midi in and out on the 001 breakout box to plug my midi device into?
Old 05-06-2002, 03:59 PM

Quote:
A search here for HUBI and DYNAMO will bring up previous threads that explain more, but that's the basic setup. Also, run a search in Pro Tools Host Tips and Techniques...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The answers are already here. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]