Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2008, 01:07 PM

Default Imac bought in October 2007 is still not qualified yet?????

Digidesign says Imacs made after july 2007 is not working with any version of pro tools, are there anyone can tell me i am wrong????
Old 03-17-2008, 02:14 PM

Default Re: Imac bought in October 2007 is still not qualified yet??

The August 2007 iMacs are not qualified by Digidesign. However, I can tell you first hand that mine works just fine with Pro Tools. Your mileage may vary.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:38 PM

I just did a project with a friend who just bought a new iMac last fall. Running 10.5.1 and PT 7.4 we had no problems with tracking and running several soft synths (Structure and Xpand!). The only real problem we had was with Xpand! which was unstable and hard to read because the graphics were screwy, but that's been widely noted and an update has since been released.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:57 PM

Did you do anything that i might have missed when you installed pro tools other than what digidesign tells you to do? My computer came with Tiger 10.4.10 and i can`t install the 10.4.10 combo update from apple, so i did the 10.4.11 combo update and installed my pro tools 7.3.6 hoping it might work......... i actually have 7.4 but digidesign website says that imacs are not compatible with protools 7.4, What should i do? Does anyone have any solution, suggestion? I am desperate since i`ve been waiting for my protools work since last october...................................
Old 03-18-2008, 09:51 AM

There are so many people claiming they got their computers ,even with leopard working with protools 7.3 and 7.4, but how come i can`t use mine with tiger 10.4.11 with either 7.3, 7.4? Can anybody answer me? Especially people from Digidesign ??????
Old 03-18-2008, 10:53 AM

Quote:
but how come i can`t use mine with tiger 10.4.11 with either 7.3, 7.4?
Have you tried it? As others have stated in this thread, it'll probably work. I would imagine the non-qualification might have to do with the fact that they shipped with 10.4.11, which Digi never got around to qualifying. Howver, 10.4.11 works fine for pretty much everyone though, so you should be fine.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Quote:
but how come i can`t use mine with tiger 10.4.11 with either 7.3, 7.4?
Have you tried it? As others have stated in this thread, it'll probably work. I would imagine the non-qualification might have to do with the fact that they shipped with 10.4.11, which Digi never got around to qualifying. Howver, 10.4.11 works fine for pretty much everyone though, so you should be fine.
yes i`ve been trying it for the last 6 months, it just says Pro Tools hardware is either not installed or used by another program
Old 03-18-2008, 11:44 AM

Can you provide more info about your setup? That problem isn't one necessarily caused by an incompatible OS or computer, but more one that has to do with messed up preferences or a faulty install - especially since others are running on the same computer successfully. I searched your member name, and see that you've posted a few times in other threads saying your setup doesn't work, but you haven't actually ever posted any info that could get you some troubleshooting help.

Tell us about your setup and what you've tried so far as far as troubleshooting goes. I have a feeling we can get you up and running if you can provide that. Read the "Help Us Help You" thread if you're not sure what all to post, and obviously, if you haven't already, do the stuff in the "General Troubleshooting" thread as one of the fixes in there might be enough to get you up and running.

Now, with that all being said, if it's an issue with the firewire bus on your iMac, nothing Digi will do can fix that, you'd have to take it to Apple if that turns out to be the problem.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Can you provide more info about your setup? That problem isn't one necessarily caused by an incompatible OS or computer, but more one that has to do with messed up preferences or a faulty install - especially since others are running on the same computer successfully. I searched your member name, and see that you've posted a few times in other threads saying your setup doesn't work, but you haven't actually ever posted any info that could get you some troubleshooting help.

Tell us about your setup and what you've tried so far as far as troubleshooting goes. I have a feeling we can get you up and running if you can provide that. Read the "Help Us Help You" thread if you're not sure what all to post, and obviously, if you haven't already, do the stuff in the "General Troubleshooting" thread as one of the fixes in there might be enough to get you up and running.

Now, with that all being said, if it's an issue with the firewire bus on your iMac, nothing Digi will do can fix that, you'd have to take it to Apple if that turns out to be the problem.
First of all thanks for your kindness, as u can see i am pretty new to this and here is what i did so far, bought an imac that came with 10.4.10 tried to do the 10.4.10 combo update but my computer wouldn`t let me, so i did the 10.4.11 combo update... i`ve got digi 002 rack and both protools 7.3 and 7.4 i installed both of them ( i did clean uninstall every time before i installed the pro tools , as well as formatted my computer ),just as digidesign guy on the phone told me so when i first got the digi 002, he told me that he got nothing else to do but to return the digi 002 and when i told him the digi 002r works once in a while he said he didn`t know, and the 7.3 version actually works sometime only if i leave my digi 002 rack on for a while and turn it off and on unplug the firewire cable off and on, i know it sounds crazy but it worked like 6 times so far ( 6th time was on last sunday ) so it makes me think that i don`t have any firewire problem on both my computer and digi 002 rack When i first turn on my digi 002 and imac and click on pro tools icon i get this message ( Unable to locate Digidesign hardware. Make sure your hardware is connected and turned on. Click "OK" when the hardware is ready.) and after a while if i click on the icon again i get another message saying Pro Tools Hardware is either not installed or used by another program.
this is my hardware overview
Hardware Overview:

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac7,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz
Old 03-19-2008, 11:23 AM

Is the firewire connection light on the back of my digi 002r blinks rather than stay still does it matter?