Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 01:54 AM

Default Bounce to QT-plays mix+embedded vid mix

I have a problem with bounce to QT. When I bounce my mix to QT the .mov file plays my mix and the audio of the video track at the same time. So for my dubbing project I am hearing 2 different languages at the same time. This happens only for the Bounce to QT function. Anybody know what this is?

I'm using PTLE 7.3.1, Mac Pro. The video format I am using is MPG-2. I already tried to convert the video format to DV but I still had the same problem. Thanks!
Old 08-29-2007, 02:00 AM

Default Re: Bounce to QT-plays mix+embedded vid mix

Are you sure, the track is not unmuted in your session?
What does the RTD or BTD sound like?
Is the Output in the Bounce to Quicktime the same as the output you are listening to?

Timothy
Old 08-29-2007, 02:17 AM

Thanks for the reply Timothy.

In my mix I dont have a track for the previous mix associated with the video, so its not a issue with muting the track. My Bounce to Disk sounds great, no problem. I think the issue may be with the MPG video source being "muxed" together with the audio. I dont even know exactly what this means, but I think it means the audio is basically imbedded in the video track.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:32 AM

Quote:
I dont even know exactly what this means, but I think it means the audio is basically imbedded in the video track.
That is true, so if you export the video to dv, you should end up with no sound in the dv. So if it's something to do with the muxed audio, that should solve the problem. Or just export the mpg to any format unchecking export sound.

I'm only working with *.dv due to using DV out FireWire, so I haven't noticed this problem before.

Timothy
Old 08-29-2007, 02:59 AM

I exported the MPG-2 file to DV via QT and re-imported the file to my session, but I had the exact same problem. I guess exporting does not demux the file, even when converting to DV. I thought this would work but no luck. It looks like I will have to put the video file into a 3rd part program like MPG streamclip to demux before I import into PT. But that is a waste of time considering I have 52 episodes of 24 minutes each.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:22 AM

Quote:
I exported the MPG-2 file to DV via QT.
Make sure your exporting to a DV movie, not a DV stream. A DV stream would probably still be muxed.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:37 AM

you need to demux the video track. the easy way to achieve this is to use mpeg streamclip. it's free.

http://www.squared5.com/

best wishes
max

-------------------
www.redfacilities.com

www.redfacilities.com

2 x 3.3 6core mac pro | 12gb ram | mac os 10.7.3 | nu5.5 | rme multiset/audiolink96 | 3 x 19" flat panels | decklink xt | waves8 | altiverb7
Old 09-16-2007, 04:04 AM

I was just about to ask this question when I saw someone beat me to it - had the same problem last week- my quick fix was to bounce my audio out and combine it with the clip in iMovie - obviously not the best solution but not too much trouble if working with small TV spots. I'll have to try this streamclip thing.