Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 06-21-2019, 05:43 AM

Default Cannot import videofile on Pro Tools 2019.5

Hi Everyone, I was looking for that around the web but I can't find anything about it, also, I contacted AVID SUPPORT, but no answer was given. Here's the problem.

I'm trying to import one video from a new client to pro tools 2019.5, installed on Mac Pro 5,1 + High Sierra (10.13.6) + SSD, I get the classic CODEC import error, I had reinstalled from scratch the operating system, without any success. But with Pro Tools 12.7.1 works like charm. I'd noticed that Pro Tools 12.8 has an updated Workspace file, and I don't know if that's related to the problem in some way. And I had tried to convert the video to other format like Apple Pro RES also without changes.
Also I noticed that the video has a wired framerate 23,97fps not 24 as should be, but why older pro tools versions works fine?

I was working with Pro Tools 2019.5 flawlessly until this event that force me to reinstall the OS and use a previous version of Pro Tools. Notice that this version isn't allowing me to import audio due to OS (I think)

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-24-2019, 02:58 PM

Default Re: Cannot import videofile on Pro Tools 2019.5

what type of video file is it? Avid has a new codec standard for video, DNxHD. You may need to convert your video file.

www.sugarhillstudios713.com
Old 06-24-2019, 03:27 PM

I’m not having any issues importing audio files.... but I do know there is an issue relating to QuickTime movie player and PT 2019.5 when it come to video. Maybe something to do with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matiasca View Post
Hi Everyone, I was looking for that around the web but I can't find anything about it, also, I contacted AVID SUPPORT, but no answer was given. Here's the problem.

I'm trying to import one video from a new client to pro tools 2019.5, installed on Mac Pro 5,1 + High Sierra (10.13.6) + SSD, I get the classic CODEC import error, I had reinstalled from scratch the operating system, without any success. But with Pro Tools 12.7.1 works like charm. I'd noticed that Pro Tools 12.8 has an updated Workspace file, and I don't know if that's related to the problem in some way. And I had tried to convert the video to other format like Apple Pro RES also without changes.
Also I noticed that the video has a wired framerate 23,97fps not 24 as should be, but why older pro tools versions works fine?

I was working with Pro Tools 2019.5 flawlessly until this event that force me to reinstall the OS and use a previous version of Pro Tools. Notice that this version isn't allowing me to import audio due to OS (I think)

Any help would be appreciated.
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2022.7 -23.# - HEAT applied, RME Fireface UCX II
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————
Old 06-24-2019, 04:18 PM

It seems like I have to convert the file to DNxHR, but, why with pro tools 12.5.X works perfectly well? It's a wired framerate too 23,97fps, I work with audio so, not to much in the video settings and codecs. But converting to DNxHR works.
Old 06-24-2019, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.d. finley View Post
what type of video file is it? Avid has a new codec standard for video, DNxHD. You may need to convert your video file.
It's a quicktime H.264, all the others H.264 are working ok.
Old 06-25-2019, 09:36 AM

Are you sure it’s not h265 hvec? Pro tools is not compatible with it, that’s what the latest iPhones record with. Just a thought.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2022.10
Mac Pro 2009 upgraded to 5,1 12 core 3.46ghz
GPU RX6800XT, Samsung 970 EVO Plus pcie boot drive, Titan Ridge flashed for Mac.
Midas M32r console. iPad Pro with Avid Control