Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2016, 11:41 AM
Avid

Default Re: Edit/Mix window follows bank selection broken…again??

Quote:
Originally Posted by alk3997 View Post
Kyle, first let me thank you for taking the time to answer these questions in this thread and the others.

I've held off upgrading my Artist Control/Mix units to the latest Eucon release because I don't want to give up the Pro Tool mix window auto-scrolling with my bank left/right selections on the Artist Mix. This function currently works with 12.5 and the Artist units on the older Eucon.

I haven't had time to study your detailed explanation, but my simple question is if I upgrade to the latest Eucon will the Pro Tools mix window still follow the bank left/right buttons on the Artist Mix?

I'd really like to upgrade for the new surround panner but have been holding off.

Andy
No problem. The answer is yes, but make sure you have the prefs mentioned above enabled.
Berkeley, CA
Old 06-02-2016, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Splittgerber View Post
No problem. The answer is yes, but make sure you have the prefs mentioned above enabled.
Will do and thank you again. I'll update tonight...

Andy
Old 06-02-2016, 01:02 PM

Hi! I also want to thank you, Kyle, for taking your time to expain why we briefly had that feature working.

I must admit that I really liked that accindental feature, because it made things work exactly how I like it to work. But maybe that is because I never used the "Auto bank to selected track" in the Eucontrol settings.
I've always been using layouts to populate my 2 MC Mix. Layout one being track 1-16, layout 2 being track 17-32 and so on, instead of using the bank buttons to bank 4 track at the time (as I also have an MC Control)

A new feature in Prefences, as you mentioned, " Edit/Mix window follows attentioned track" is, as far as I can see, exactly what I'm looking for. If it is possible to keep the edit/mix window from jumping back and forth if the attentioned track is already in view, that would be great. But I think that I prefer the windows jumping around rather than not having the attentioned track in view at all!

Best regards,
Thomas
Old 06-03-2016, 12:29 PM

Just to follow-up on 3.4, the mix window followed the bank left/right Artist Mix buttons perfectly. Very pleased.

I don't like the edit window to follow banking, so that has remained disabled.

Andy
Old 06-03-2016, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alk3997 View Post
Just to follow-up on 3.4, the mix window followed the bank left/right Artist Mix buttons perfectly. Very pleased.

I don't like the edit window to follow banking, so that has remained disabled.
I'm a bit confused by all the back and forth, can you let me know what settings you used to achieve this? I've held off updating because I can't lose this feature. Lik you, I wish to have the mix window follow banking on the artist mix, but not the edit window.
Old 06-03-2016, 11:12 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaone View Post
I'm a bit confused by all the back and forth, can you let me know what settings you used to achieve this? I've held off updating because I can't lose this feature. Lik you, I wish to have the mix window follow banking on the artist mix, but not the edit window.
Just do this:
1. Pro Tools>Preferences>Mixing>Controllers - Enable "Mix window follows bank selection"
2. In EuControl Settings>General - Enable “Auto Bank to Selected Track”
Berkeley, CA
Old 06-05-2016, 03:23 AM

I'm sorry if the name of this thread caused any confusion. I was just so happy that, with the 3.3.2 update, things finally started working like I've always wanted it to! And equally frustrated by the loss of that feature in 3.4.

I see that the edit/mix wondows follows bank selection when using the left/right bank buttons, I just never use them for scrolling around my session. I find that using layouts are more efficient. This is a way of working I started using in Logic 9, where it worked just fine btw, before switching to PT.
With a 100+ tracks, it gets to be a whole lot of button pushing to move around the session with just four tracks banking at the time.
Old 01-09-2017, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Splittgerber View Post
Just do this:
1. Pro Tools>Preferences>Mixing>Controllers - Enable "Mix window follows bank selection"
2. In EuControl Settings>General - Enable “Auto Bank to Selected Track”
To add to this, there is a switch for "App banks DAW" that needs to be on. It's found within the Pro Tools | Control App at the top right (cog wheel)....only took me 48 hours of research to find
Pro Tools Carbon | HD Native 2021.12 | HD I/O 8x8x8 | UA 4-710D | Avalon VT737 | Waves Mercury | Komplete 13 Ultimate Collector's | Kontrol S61 | Maschine Studio | Eleven Rack | Pro Tools Control w/ 9.7" iPad Pro | Pro Tools Dock | S1 | MacPro 7,1: 16-core 96GB RAM W5700X GPU OS 11 1TB SSD +OWC 1m2 2TB SSD (samples) +Sonnet M.2 4x4 4x2TB Samsung Evo Plus SSDs in RAID 0 (sessions)