Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2016, 07:08 AM

Default Re: Application Manager needs an option to disable launching when booting the system

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussUK View Post
Until it changes here is how to do it on a Mac and Windows http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home...ac-and-windows
RussUK, I tried this, but it seems it puts a ''.txt"" extension so I end out with two files in the location (that new one ending with ''.txt"

Is this normal ?
Old 02-06-2016, 07:12 AM

Default Re: Application Manager needs an option to disable launching when booting the system

Actually, I flushed the ''.txt'' extension, then had to first flush the original file before I could save the new file.... Does this make sense ?
Old 02-22-2016, 01:53 PM

The $*#($)*(&% thing still takes a half hour to launch. It gums up the works while it takes it's sweet time. Please, can we have an easy option to disable this &$*($#($? Thanks.
Old 03-31-2016, 03:45 PM

This thing is a major turd. takes forever to load and still doesn't display the 12.5 update availability. Whoever is working on this should be replaced with someone who knows how to do basic programming.
Old 03-31-2016, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBboy View Post
This thing is a major turd. takes forever to load and still doesn't display the 12.5 update availability. Whoever is working on this should be replaced with someone who knows how to do basic programming.
I had this same problem, even worse when it came to trying to update things. I knew there was a newer version of App Manager out, yet I couldn't download or instal it as it would just spin the "connecting" wheel forever.

I wrote to Avid support. Explained the situation. They gave me a link to download and instal the latest App Manager manually. I did. After that it works lightning quick and no problems what-so-ever.

Mine still does not show the 12.5 update yet either, but I am sure that is because they are waiting to make sure it should be pushed like that, as what if it is so riddled with bugs that it causes more issues than good.

Anayway, the version of App Manager I have that is working great is: 2.5.4.325
www.rouletterecords.com
[email protected]

Any fool can complicate things;
It takes a genius to simplify them