Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2010, 08:36 PM

Default Runtime errors with UAD 2 Solo/Laptop

So here's the deal. After researching the UAD 2 Solo/Laptop, I concluded that it was compatible with Pro Tools M-Powered. And, at least at first, it was. The install went fine, the plug-ins sounded amazing -- I was in mixing heaven. But then I started getting access violations and runtime errors.

Briefly, my question is this: Is there hope? Or are the UAD plug-ins just not supported in M-Powered?

And yes, I have definitely trashed the digidesign databases (on all drives) and the DAE prefs. Again and again. I've also tried removing plug-ins like BFD Lite, Line 6's Gearbox and Xpand! to the Plug-ins (Unused) folder. Besides the standard Pro Tools plug-ins, I have Izotope's Ozone 3 (version 3.15 -- yes, I checked the compatibility chart carefully) and their freebie Vinyl plug-in (also the correct version). That's all. Most recently, I tried uninstalling Pro Tools and starting fresh. I skipped reinstalling BFD Lite and Xpand! just to see what happened, and when I opened the session that was giving me the most trouble, it alerted me that the BFD and Xpand! plug-ins would not be active -- as I expected -- but then as soon as I tried to save the tiniest change, there came the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error. The weird thing about my instance of this error is that the path listed is just C:... No specific folders or programs are indicated. Oh, and in addition to all of that, yes: I have tried opening a new session and importing the audio from the bad session. Didn't help.

Anyway, hopefully that's enough info to get this started. Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks for reading,
-n/a

p.s. In case this doesn't copy from my registration, I'm using an HP Elitebook Mobile Workstation 8440w with an Intel Core i7, a Glyph gt-050q external hard drive, M-Audio's Fast Track Ultra, and I'm running Pro Tools M-Powered 7.4cs10 -- all with the latest available drivers. (The PACE drivers are up-to-date, too.)
Old 07-09-2010, 07:55 AM
Avid

Default Re: Runtime errors with UAD 2 Solo/Laptop

Have you tried the 'Run As Administrator' tip from the General Troubleshooting thread yet?
Old 07-09-2010, 09:14 AM

Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't get me anywhere. In the General Troubleshooting thread it looked like that was just for Vista, but I tried it anyway (on your recommendation). No luck. I added one digi-rack plug-in just so I'd have a change to save, then when I tried to save it, I got the "Access violation occurred while translating Tracks" error. It's been back and forth between that and the Runtime error, and I haven't caught on to any pattern that would tell me which one to expect.

Something else that might be helpful to know: for a long time I was fine running an external hard drive that wasn't officially supported. I recorded two albums and a bunch of other side-projects without any problems. Once I started running into these errors, I decided it was probably something to do with the hard drive, so I bought the Glyph. I know, I probably should have done that years ago, but everything was working, so I didn't. Could the fact that the files I'm trying to run were created on an unsupported hard drive be responsible for the problems I'm having? And if so, what can I do to make sure I have full access to all of the files I copied over to my Glyph?
Old 07-09-2010, 09:15 AM

I thought I'd written this somewhere, but I guess I didn't. I'm running XP Pro, service pack 3.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:32 AM

Okay, crossing my fingers, but I think maybe the issue is resolved. I didn't realize that being marked as an administrator didn't amount to being signed on as THE administrator. I disabled the quick user change option (or whatever exactly it's called) so that I could sign in as administrator, and as of my first try running Pro Tools, I had no problems. Thanks again for your suggestion, it definitely put me on the right track. I'll let you know if this is for sure resolved.

Best,
n/a
Old 01-27-2012, 07:05 AM

Hi, I have UAD 2, and had the same problem, I hope to help

trick windows 7,

Device Manager to disable the UAD 2
turn on Pro Tools, now your session will load all the plug ins, disabled
Device Manager again and revive the UAD finally return to Pro Tools and plug-ins to reactivate the
and ready ...

and so far I had no more problems
luck!