Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2016, 01:56 PM

Default Re: Midi controller stopped working with PT 11?

and yet, even without all that... no worky.
Catalina OS
ProTools 2020.12
Scarlett Focusrite
+ Saving to External Harddrive

http://MayMcDonoughMusic.com
Old 08-31-2016, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bifbangpow View Post
and yet, even without all that... no worky.
Here's a WAG (wild assed guess) - maybe try a different USB cable?

QAPLA!
Old 09-01-2016, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Here's a WAG (wild assed guess) - maybe try a different USB cable?
In shame and embarrassment, I must admit...

that totally fixed it.
Catalina OS
ProTools 2020.12
Scarlett Focusrite
+ Saving to External Harddrive

http://MayMcDonoughMusic.com
Old 09-11-2016, 10:44 PM

Hello! I have a similar problem. I have a midi keyboard. I want to use it as a MIDI controller M-audio Oxygen-61. But when I exhibit it in the settings, there is no choice USB. I can only select the MIDI in / out. But it is connected to USB. When I sent, I have not opened projects session. And the error message "Could not complete the Open Recent Session 1 command because Access violation occurred, unable to write location: 0x0000000000000000"
Old 09-12-2016, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digisystem View Post
Hello! I have a similar problem. I have a midi keyboard. I want to use it as a MIDI controller M-audio Oxygen-61. But when I exhibit it in the settings, there is no choice USB. I can only select the MIDI in / out. But it is connected to USB. When I sent, I have not opened projects session. And the error message "Could not complete the Open Recent Session 1 command because Access violation occurred, unable to write location: 0x0000000000000000"
Have you installed the Ignite software?

QAPLA!
Old 09-12-2016, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Have you installed the Ignite software?
No. I use Pro tools 11 only. I have old Oxygen 61 Silver, without directlink. I tried to switch on "HUI". He started, but not regulated by those parameters, that it is necessary. For example, the 2nd fader on the keyboard controls 7 track his right pan.
P.S^ And why do developers do not add to the list of MIDI controllers such manufacturers as a major brand M-Audio?. Ignore? Avid, AUUU?
Old 09-12-2016, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digisystem View Post
No. I use Pro tools 11 only. I have old Oxygen 61 Silver, without directlink. I tried to switch on "HUI". He started, but not regulated by those parameters, that it is necessary. For example, the 2nd fader on the keyboard controls 7 track his right pan.
P.S^ And why do developers do not add to the list of MIDI controllers such manufacturers as a major brand M-Audio?. Ignore? Avid, AUUU?
I still think you're going to have to install some kind of driver s/w.

QAPLA!
Old 09-14-2016, 03:33 AM

I tried to run it in 10. In the "MIDI Controllers" There select M-Audio. "Send port" (as opposed to 11) indicates "Oxygen 61". In PT-11 , here indicated as "Oxygen 61 emulation." At the same time, the PT-10 session open normally, controller worked, but need setting. Hence, the point in PT-11. It Do not see the driver.
Old 09-29-2016, 10:31 AM

Looking for similar help on Mac. This is not the first time doing this (successful use a few months ago on another project); I'm not sure why I can't get the midi keyboard to control the VI this time. Have tried opening previous projects to see if midi keyboard control still works; it says the I/O setup has changed: input path "Built-in Input 1 and 2" were made inactive because its stem is missing. I went to the I/O setup and selected Default; no change.

PT 11 recognizes my midi keyboard under 'Midi/Input Devices' with "Digital Piano, Port 1" checked.
'Preferences/Midi/Default Thru Instrument - first selected MIDI track.'
'Peripherals/MIDI Controllers - none selected.'
Instrument Track created. Inserted 'multi-channel plug-in - instrument - Play AAX (stereo).'
Record enabled, track selected, voice loaded in Play window.
Midi keyboard does not trigger the Play keyboard. Mouse clicks do.
On Instrument track: Instrument input set to All, output set to Play 1-1, Insert set to Play AAX, I/O set to no input and Built-in Output 1-2. (I have tried variations, but no difference.)

I do have latest Yamaha USB-MIDI V1.3.2-2 for Mac OS X 10.5–10.11 software installed. My computer had automatically updated to Sierra, so I uninstalled that and re-installed El Capitan (with which it had worked previously). I do have two different lengths of USB to HOST cables; have tried both with different USB ports. Re-booted my keyboard, PT, my computer.

What am I forgetting or doing wrong this time??
3' USB to HOST cable
PT 11.3.1
Old 09-29-2016, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottehow View Post
Looking for similar help on Mac. This is not the first time doing this (successful use a few months ago on another project); I'm not sure why I can't get the midi keyboard to control the VI this time. Have tried opening previous projects to see if midi keyboard control still works; it says the I/O setup has changed: input path "Built-in Input 1 and 2" were made inactive because its stem is missing. I went to the I/O setup and selected Default; no change.

PT 11 recognizes my midi keyboard under 'Midi/Input Devices' with "Digital Piano, Port 1" checked.
'Preferences/Midi/Default Thru Instrument - first selected MIDI track.'
'Peripherals/MIDI Controllers - none selected.'
Instrument Track created. Inserted 'multi-channel plug-in - instrument - Play AAX (stereo).'
Record enabled, track selected, voice loaded in Play window.
Midi keyboard does not trigger the Play keyboard. Mouse clicks do.
On Instrument track: Instrument input set to All, output set to Play 1-1, Insert set to Play AAX, I/O set to no input and Built-in Output 1-2. (I have tried variations, but no difference.)

I do have latest Yamaha USB-MIDI V1.3.2-2 for Mac OS X 10.5–10.11 software installed. My computer had automatically updated to Sierra, so I uninstalled that and re-installed El Capitan (with which it had worked previously). I do have two different lengths of USB to HOST cables; have tried both with different USB ports. Re-booted my keyboard, PT, my computer.

What am I forgetting or doing wrong this time??
First off your forgetting one VERY important thing: do not Ever let your computer update the operating system on it's own. Once you have a stable system - leave it that way.

Second - make a complete bootable clone of your system on a separate external hard drive. Carbon Copy Cloner is my favorite tool for doing so.

Third - audio I/O setup has nothing to do with MIDI.

Fourth - have you setup your keyboard in OSX audio/MIDI setup?

Fifth: what exact MIDI keyboard are you using and have you installed any necessary drivers? You don't need to do anything in the controllers tab in PT unless you're using the keyboard to not only play MIDI otes but also control plugins.

Go to the View menu and for the Edit window enable instruments view. It's possible that the MIDI routing there is not what you expect it to be.

Sixth and also very important - PT11 is NOT and NEVER will be made compatible with ElCrapitan. Sorry but them's the breaks.

QAPLA!