Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2011, 11:53 AM

Default Re: $900 for a unit that worked for a week?

Well, unfortunate first post for me. Just received my Eleven two days ago, worked for a short time, then no sound. Reset memory worked for a bit, then no sound. Then found out about the clock issue and bad batch - Then, read a bit here and checked my box and horror of horrors it is a dreaded Rev. E

Have a call into avid, should be getting a follow up call back from them shortly, I hope they will make it right and cross ship one from the "good" stock. The dealer would step up, but they are in N.Y. and I'm in WA State, took a week in route to get the first one, plus don't want to be out of $800 for what would amount to be a month by the time I returned, re ship time etc... on a defectively manufactured product. Also bought the expansion pack so there's another $100.

P.S. - I absolutely love the sounds and the tone, gave up on a POD HD500, this one is it, but I just need "it" to work.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:33 AM

I just received my eleven rack from Amazon and the first thing I did was look on the box and sure enough, Rev E...are all the ER in this revision bad? I haven't even taken it out of the box yet...I'm debating just sending it right back to Amazon.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:57 AM

I have Rev. D and have no problems.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:02 AM
Avid

Even on hardware revisions that exhibit the clocking issue, only a few percent of units appear to have any problems. It's very likely that your rev E. unit will function without any trouble. The most common symptom is no audio, usually at 44.1kHz, although sometimes at 48kHz. Switchting back and forth between sample rates usually brings back the audio.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:07 AM

Thanks for chiming in, Chris, I'll give it a try.

Mark
Old 04-19-2011, 11:19 AM

Could someone clarify if this lack of audio is only when interfacing with ProTools, or is it in stand-alone mode too?

My Sweetwater rep tried to get me a Rev H1 unit...actually, that may already be the one sitting at home waiting for me, I haven't been home in over a week to confirm.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:22 PM

Mine worked for 2 days then stopped. I had no sound in pro tools and no sound in stand alone mode either.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:37 AM

Are you sure the "H1" revision Avid is talking about is indicated by the Rev E on the SN sticker and not the actual SN?

I have a brand new Eleven Rack here that says Rev E, but the SN ends in H and it isn't exhibiting any problems. I know a lot of the previous defective ones I saw had a SN that ended in G or G1.

If seems strange that Avid would skip from Rev E to Rev H. Can someone from Avid confirm how to tell if this is a rev. H1? Is it by SN or the Rev letter on the SN tag

Thanks
Old 04-20-2011, 11:41 AM

Question Distribution bottlenecks?

I haven't encountered any problems with my unit, and I've basically left it on since February 2010 when I bought it from MF. The S/N sticker does not contain any "Rev-x" on it but the S/N ends in 11F. Does this mean Rev F? I find it strange that folks buying 11-racks a year later are still receiving Rev-E production runs.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:47 AM
Avid

The Eleven Rack hardware revision is designated by the last one or two characters of the serial number. So Moonshine, you are correct that you have a Rev F unit.