Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 12-20-1999, 12:51 AM

Default Congratulations Digi on 001

Well, I wanted to say that as I've worked more and more with the 001 I have found myself almost completely satisfied. Sure, there are a few bugs, and sure there are a few improvements that could be made, but on the whole, I got everything I wanted. In fact, if you look way back in the Project II message board, you'll read:

Topic: What I want from PT/Project2
peppertree
posted February 02, 1999 10:54PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, As you're building the new DAE deck for Project 2, please consider the following requirements I have for the system:

Since we don't have TDM, I want to be able to use outboard processing instead. So I want there to be effect busses that go in and out with very low latency (must be < 5ms). I want these to work any of analog, S/PDIF, and ADAT, all simultaneously. I want 8 stereo/16 mono busses plus master, 16 simultaneous I/Os, 8 simultaneous records, and 32 simultaneous voices. I want four bands of realtime EQ on each channel (needs to be as good as those new Opcode EQ's) (and as a bonus I would ideally like dynamics on each channel, at least basic gates and comps). I want MIDI editing in-place, full automation, completely flexible routing, etc.

So I basically want TDM without the DSP. It would strike me as easier for you to develop TDM without the DSP than to develop something further dumbed down. If you can't do this for me, I will have to go elsewhere like Logic or SVPro, but I'd rather not.

--

...so I got basically everything I asked for and then some. I am one happy camper, even though I bitch from time to time (I'm from New Yawk after all), I'm extremely impressed, and my hat's off to you guys for an outstanding job. Please keep improving this!

Cheers,
Peter
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and native DAWs stretch far away.
Old 12-20-1999, 11:13 AM

Default Re: Congratulations Digi on 001

I also wanted to thank Digi for providing WRITTEN documentation on the PT5LE. As I learn the system, I don't have to stare into my monitor. Too many software titles come only with PDF. Digi gives you both.

The system has been working flawlessly for me since I re-initialized my drive. Now if I can just get up to speed (was that Ctrl-Alt F2 or was it Alt-Shft F2?).

------------------
Larry W.

PTLE8/002r;OS 10.6.4 2 x 2.26Ghz quadcore,6GB RAM, Waves Platinum, many other plugins...