How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2015, 12:49 PM

Default Have Avid Abandon Eleven Rack

2 weeks ago I got me a used Eleven Rack,
After having heard and seen so much good about it.
(Do not know why I have not tested it in the store, when I saw it a few years ago)

I sold my BOSS GT100 and got a POD HD500X and bought a used Eleven Rack to compare with, (I dont think you can determine by what people say on forums and youtube, just a clue about what they can do)
Eleven is in a different league IMO

This is just my little review

Set the EQ and reacts like a real amp.
Speaker Simulator top notch. (No idea to use ir`s for me anyway)
Very Easy to operate, works great as an audio interface.
The Effects are great.
True-Z works great (POD dident make so much differens)

I have used a lot of software sims, but these lack attack and response while playing
Best product I bought for guitar (cost me 350$)
How can the Avid put down this IMO best sounding product in its price range (Have not had the Axe but had a Kemper 1 year ago)
M-Audio AV40
Eleven Rack
Old 03-10-2015, 01:00 PM

Default Re: Have Avid Abandon Eleven Rack

The Eleven Rack is great, the product team did an amazing job. The abandonment of that product is hard to fathom, but the core team who did the Eleven Rack left the building long ago...likely just caught up in all the Avid downsizing and layoffs, including outsourcing huge slabs of development work to GlobalLogic in the Ukraine.

I have zero expectation of any future updates. Meanwhile Fractal Audio show how to support/evolve a product and what margins that likely lets them make on an (impressive) box. I'd still buy an Eleven Rack now (used they are a *bargain*), and all OK as long as you have zero expectation of future upgrades.
Old 01-12-2016, 12:34 PM

I agree that the Eleven Rack was a great piece of gear and could have been made sooo much better had the support and development continued. Before acquiring the 11R I had the PODXT Pro and it was terrible in comparison. Now, to be fair I ran the 11 into custom IRs on ProTools to make it really good.. and I never attempted that with the POD as I had not learned to do so at the time.
Anyways, my Kemper should be here tomorrow and I am hopeful that it does what everyone claims. I intend to keep the 11R with the Velocity 300 power amp racked up with the Kemper just in case I ever have any issues. It is, IMO, a great backup modelling amp when compared to anything else in the price point.
Old 01-12-2016, 02:56 PM

Yes and no. From what I've "heard" there is no development taking place in the HardWare/FirmWare region for the Eleven rack. HOWEVER I was VERY excited to read on the Eleven Rack driver page that qualification for El Capitain is under way!! WOO HOO!!!! so they should hopefully release a new driver soon.
Old 01-15-2016, 04:56 PM

Do you think an Eleven Rack MKII could be somewhere in the future?
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.
Old 01-19-2016, 08:45 AM

Keep in mind... the price is only low now BECAUSE it is a legacy product which can be purchased without a PT bundle... this thing used to sell for upwards of $1100.00.

If development was still on-going and it was still a first market piece... the price would be significantly higher.
Just a thought...
Old 01-19-2016, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDS View Post
Do you think an Eleven Rack MKII could be somewhere in the future?
Nope. Well besides the Line 6 Helix, which is kind of an Eleven Rack Mk. II. (some of the same product team).
Old 01-29-2016, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Nope. Well besides the Line 6 Helix, which is kind of an Eleven Rack Mk. II. (some of the same product team).

Gasp! I had never heard of the Helix. Holy moly batman. It sounds pretty damn incredible.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.
Old 01-29-2016, 07:18 AM

Mk11 would be nice....

But honestly the OG is awesome and should still sell for years - I have 2 and they were worth every penny
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.