Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 01-18-2014, 01:22 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools constantly crashing while saving

Welcome to the club this is your initiation. Ant it funny Fans how the Save /Crash Error transcends all OS's and systems. Ant it funny how it does that. Ant it funny how this has been going on since 9.0 with out a fix. Oh but wait you need to optimize then just maybe you could reduce the save/crash error by 50% maybe, just maybe till the bug grows again and becomes restless and shafts you out of hours of work. Oh but hey you can turn Auto Save off but dont forget to save multiple aliases of your file at every move. Dont even add a new plug untill you do otherwise you will get the very dreaded cant open session crash which means exactly that. A lovely corrupt session that will never open again ever. Ant it all just fine and dandy Fans. Dont you love it! A round of Applause for Avid for getting right on-to it. Oh I forgot it's the man in the mirrors fault. Doh.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsarbomba View Post
Welcome to the club this is your initiation. Ant it funny Fans how the Save /Crash Error transcends all OS's and systems. Ant it funny how it does that. Ant it funny how this has been going on since 9.0 with out a fix. Oh but wait you need to optimize then just maybe you could reduce the save/crash error by 50% maybe, just maybe till the bug grows again and becomes restless and shafts you out of hours of work. Oh but hey you can turn Auto Save off but dont forget to save multiple aliases of your file at every move. Dont even add a new plug untill you do otherwise you will get the very dreaded cant open session crash which means exactly that. A lovely corrupt session that will never open again ever. Ant it all just fine and dandy Fans. Dont you love it! A round of Applause for Avid for getting right on-to it. Oh I forgot it's the man in the mirrors fault. Doh.

You seem intent on just posting all over the place and whining about stuff, if you have a problem and provide the information needed other users here can try to help you. But looking across all you recent posts, and watching so many other users trying to help you that you are really struggling with computers and technology. You probably made a probably poor choice to purchase a relatively complex system with complex PC and PCIe card interface (and possibly a UAD card? We don't know because you do not clearly say what you have). It has been like pulling teeth to get you to provide clear information about what you even have.

And folks have provided clear advice recently about some of your problems likely being plugin normalization issues. You have posted more whining posts since that info was posted, a better use of your time might have been tested if dithering makes that issue go away.

Pro Tools has *not* had a general problem crashing on saving since Version 9. And while folks are clearly having problems recently with saving it does not hit everybody and for those it does appears to be hitting more Windows users. And yes, *some* of those problems have been solved by tracking down errant plugins, and for others where users have excluded plugins it looks like an issue in Pro Tools.

You keep posting how Pro Tools sucks and how you want to use something else. If you have had so many problems for so long and been unable to solve them then I am lost as to why you have not moved off Pro Tools long ago. Just go do it, stop making idle threats. Nobody here wants to see a user suffering with problems, and on the other hand other users having to put up with your incessant whining.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
You seem intent on just posting all over the place and whining about stuff, if you have a problem and provide the information needed other users here can try to help you. But looking across all you recent posts, and watching so many other users trying to help you that you are really struggling with computers and technology. You probably made a probably poor choice to purchase a relatively complex system with complex PC and PCIe card interface (and possibly a UAD card? We don't know because you do not clearly say what you have). It has been like pulling teeth to get you to provide clear information about what you even have.
And folks have provided clear advice recently about some of your problems likely being plugin normalization issues. You have posted more whining posts since that info was posted, a better use of your time might have been tested if dithering makes that issue go away.
Pro Tools has *not* had a general problem crashing on saving since Version 9. And while folks are clearly having problems recently with saving it does not hit everybody and for those it does appears to be hitting more Windows users. And yes, *some* of those problems have been solved by tracking down errant plugins, and for others where users have excluded plugins it looks like an issue in Pro Tools.
You keep posting how Pro Tools sucks and how you want to use something else. If you have had so many problems for so long and been unable to solve them then I am lost as to why you have not moved off Pro Tools long ago. Just go do it, stop making idle threats. Nobody here wants to see a user suffering with problems, and on the other hand other users having to put up with your incessant whining.
Refer:You (Avid)and the Fan boys have a clouded perception of the truth and are so full of your answers that you do not listen to us. You & the FB's are so protective of there investment in PT/Avid, to save face, that you are not willing to admit its flaws. You will say and do anything to smear over the facts that it is a great & bad system. & being 50/50 means it sucks. If you guys think it so worthy, build a Avid computer to run it on as a complete Turn-Key system. Then us/we can actually see how stable it is for real. Z.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Refer:You (Avid)and the Fan boys have a clouded perception of the truth and are so full of your answers that you do not listen to us. You & the FB's are so protective of there investment in PT/Avid, to save face, that you are not willing to admit its flaws. You will say and do anything to smear over the facts that it is a great & bad system. & being 50/50 means it sucks. If you guys think it so worthy, build a Avid computer to run it on as a complete Turn-Key system. Then us/we can actually see how stable it is for real. Z.
Please STOP posting these unecessary hits against members here calling them names who are actually trying to help others with their problems and interfering with threads of others. If you can't behave properly your posts will be deleted from this thread.

Thank You and as I said in another thread of yours, we are trying to help you but you seem unable to take our advice.

I hope you reconsider and follow our sugestions and if not, please don't hijack other members threads as people here are trying to help,

Best Regards
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 01-19-2014, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Please STOP posting these unecessary hits against members here calling them names who are actually trying to help others with their problems and interfering with threads of others. If you can't behave properly your posts will be deleted from this thread.

Thank You and as I said in another thread of yours, we are trying to help you but you seem unable to take our advice.

I hope you reconsider and follow our sugestions and if not, please don't hijack other members threads as people here are trying to help,

Best Regards
Christopher
His opinion is absolutely valid. If the "experts" (also referred to as fan boys) can freely insult and antagonize (subliminally or directly) those who are struggling, then don't expect it to stop. It really comes down to the bare facts: Pro Tools is a phenomenal concept but the product is unreliable for MANY not all customers. Until that changes, until Avid can deliver a fully tested and ROCK solid release that will function efficiently and completely on a wide array of systems, until they drastically reduce the price of the product that is essentially beta tested and troubleshooted at no cost to Avid by unsuspecting customers for upwards of a year after a release, until certain users on here change their demeanor toward unhappy people, this hostile environment is inevitable. So we can either respect each other's differences or continue on.

------------------------------------------------------
¨WHERE´S MY CHECKBOOK?¨
https://soundcloud.com/louieshowers

Last edited by louieshowers; 01-19-2014 at 06:47 PM.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louieshowers View Post
His opinion is absolutely valid. If the "experts" (also referred to as fan boys) can freely insult and antagonize (subliminally or directly) those who are struggling, then don't expect it to stop. It really comes down to the bare facts: Pro Tools is a phenomenal concept but the product is unreliable for MANY not all customers. Until that changes, until Avid can deliver a fully tested and ROCK solid release that will function efficiently and completely on a wide array of systems, until they drastically reduce the price of the product that is essentially beta tested and troubleshooted at no cost to Avid by unsuspecting customers for upwards of a year after a release, until certain users on here change their demeanor toward unhappy people, this hostile environment is inevitable. So we can either respect each other's differences or continue on.
I Love you Louie.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:41 AM

Awkward silence....
Old 01-20-2014, 02:27 PM

Quote:
I Love you Louie.
Haha.. Thx.. Please tell my wife! She needs to hear how great i am! Lol

------------------------------------------------------
¨WHERE´S MY CHECKBOOK?¨
https://soundcloud.com/louieshowers

Last edited by louieshowers; 01-20-2014 at 03:37 PM.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw rec View Post
I have that save-crash incident with NO plugins on a session. AND our 12 PCs in the college Pro Tools lab exhibit exactly the same behavior, so we've had to uncheck auto-save, and always count to 5 before doing a control-s to make sure it isn't rendering anything. I can re-create this consistently. Use the smart tool, draw in a fade at the end of a file, and do a ctrl-s before it's done, and it will give a "Can't save while translating tracks" error EVERY TIME, and on MANY different machines. It isn't a show stopper, but it makes it impossible to use session file backups.
The "Can't save while translating tracks" is typically due to corrupted session files. I have forced repro'd this by forcing a BSOD or crash with the session open. You can almost always create a new session and import the audio into it and it will go away. Import ONLY a couple tracks at a time. I have occasionally had it happen on the imported session when importing them all at once. Never had an issue when importing 2-3 tracks at a time.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 01-21-2014, 07:01 AM

All right everybody, I'm back as promised.

Apparently, in this particular case (please see the beginning of the thread) the problem was the Sonnox EQ AAX Native 2.0.1 plugin. I reverted to the RTAS version in order to be able to finish mixing that project.

Sonnox support said no-one has reported any similar cases before.

A disturbing thing, though, is that this AAX version of the EQ did not cause crashes in any other Pro Tools sessions which means that something else besides this plugin was causing the crash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by louieshowers View Post
Pro Tools is a phenomenal concept but the product is unreliable for MANY not all customers. Until that changes, until Avid can deliver a fully tested and ROCK solid release that will function efficiently and completely on a wide array of systems, until they drastically reduce the price of the product that is essentially beta tested and troubleshooted at no cost to Avid by unsuspecting customers for upwards of a year after a release, until certain users on here change their demeanor toward unhappy people, this hostile environment is inevitable.
I couldn't agree more here. The problem on the PC systems with Pro Tools can be tolerated at least because it is not possible to perform testing on all these different configurations that exist (including my $500 laptop). However, when I change to a $$$$ Mac hoping that this would solve the problems (what's more, Avid dares to list my machine as one of the Qualified Apple Computers) I actually expect it to be rock solid and it is extremely frustrating when instead of creating and learning new things I am being advised/forced to spend days removing and testing plugins in order to make my Pro Tools work at least somehow.
UAD-2 Solo ExpressCard via Echo/Thunderbolt, 7.2.0
Sonnox Elite AAX, Lexicon PCM, Waves 9 Silver + Vocal AAX