Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 01-16-2009, 07:47 PM

Default Re: Windows 7(Something to think about?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonepad View Post
I forgot I do have a distro that boots from a CD... I think I tried it 2 years ago and never again! I get so many sob stories from an UberGeek pal of mine tryin' to do audio on the penguin OS and I keep saying what's the point? God knows you prolly have 2 or 3 distros goin' on! !
I know guys running DAW's on Linux that make the hardware latency of HD look pretty pathetic.

REAPER and WINE works very well also by the way.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 01-16-2009, 08:19 PM

Reaper is a mighty little proggy, but isn't the ish with Linux about the drivers? Not to create a rat hole here, just wonderin'

BTW you are so rockin on the ilok fix...works a charm and check this out: For some reason my triple boot/threat does not show the Vista disk when I'm in W7...shows fine in XP as well as the other 2 and in Vista along with the other 2...hmmm me report to MS. Since my Pace install in W7 didn't get as far as makin a Pace folder, I just stole it from XP... sweet! To make sure it was the same as the Vista driver I later copied that folder over to W7 and updated with it but found they're the same drvs.

Having done this I thought I'd try to trick the 003 the same way but alas I don't see where those drvs are on either XP or Vista. I'll bet you already tried this to no avail. Did you?

I'll further test the ilok deal tomorrow with an install of Strike and/or MPTK.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Reaper is a mighty little proggy, but isn't the ish with Linux about the drivers? Not to create a rat hole here, just wonderin'
No. All is fine on that front.

Quote:
...Since my Pace install in W7 didn't get as far as makin a Pace folder, I just stole it from XP... sweet! To make sure it was the same as the Vista driver I later copied that folder over to W7 and updated with it but found they're the same drvs.
It probably went into a temp folder like it does in W7 64-bit which is why the instructions are different.

Quote:
Having done this I thought I'd try to trick the 003 the same way but alas I don't see where those drvs are on either XP or Vista. I'll bet you already tried this to no avail. Did you?
Of course. You have to choose "have disk" and browse to C > Program Files > Digidesign > Drivers > digifw then select the proper driver.
Once you have the 002/003 driver installed and fire up Pro Tools, you will get DAE error 1115.

Shane

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 01-16-2009, 09:03 PM

Quote:
For some reason my triple boot/threat does not show the Vista disk when I'm in W7...shows fine in XP as well as the other 2 and in Vista along with the other 2...hmmm me report to MS.
TonePad this problem is that Vista is the C: Partition on your triple boot.
Whe Windows 7 installs It defaults as the C: Partiton and Masks the old(Vista C:) this is because you can't have to Active C: Partitions.
This is part of the New Boot Loader.

BTW I have about tried almost everything I know as to how to get the Protools 8 DAE to work with firewire but NO JOY yet!
Although this is similar to what happen on the MAC side when Leopard came out.
But I yet to give completely.

Matt

Old 01-16-2009, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
Of course. You have to choose "have disk" and browse to C > Program Files > Digidesign > Drivers > digifw then select the proper driver.
Once you have the 002/003 driver installed and fire up Pro Tools, you will get DAE error 1115.

Shane

Well, I didn't quite get this far.. I cannot get it to load the 003 driver, even by trying to maunally install the inf file.. (says that type of file installation is not supported)..

Oh well, I'll keep tinkering..

Peace!
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 01-16-2009, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danander11 View Post
Uhm.. Anything that us mortals could do to make it work?

Peace!
Well I just clicked on the installers here I did however right click them and select run as administer. This is with LE...MPowered and HD both have their authorization assets iLoked and may be a entirely different story.

LE working here....iLok working here... Ilok Plugs working here...MBox2 Micro and Mini working here.

I only tested the MBox Factory Pack installer but all the plugs loaded and were available in the menus so I'm going to hazard a guess that all plugs will all load if their authorizations processes are compliant. Whether the plugs themselves will all work remains to be seen.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 01-16-2009, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunburst79 View Post
Well I just clicked on the installers here I did however right click them and select run as administer. This is with LE...MPowered and HD both have their authorization assets iLoked and may be a entirely different story.

LE working here....iLok working here... Ilok Plugs working here...MBox2 Micro and Mini working here.

I only tested the MBox Factory Pack installer but all the plugs loaded and were available in the menus so I'm going to hazard a guess that all plugs will all load if their authorizations processes are compliant. Whether the plugs themselves will all work remains to be seen.
Hmmm...I tried your method and got this.

Are you using the latest iLok installer? I wonder if we could pinpoint the source of this.

Shane

Old 01-16-2009, 11:12 PM

Quote:
...Since my Pace install in W7 didn't get as far as makin a Pace folder, I just stole it from XP... sweet! To make sure it was the same as the Vista driver I later copied that folder over to W7 and updated with it but found they're the same drvs.
My bad. I've just been confirming all this and I made and error. Since I have a gazillion partitions, my path to select the PACE driver was directed to another partition that already had it installed. So, it appears I was actually grabbing it from another XP partition in which it was already installed.

Oh well, now we know.

Sunburst had a few Friday night beer, ran the installer as administrator, and somehow got it going while me and MattP were going bonkers up on Skype trying to sort it all out for 2 hours. A successful 2 hours later, Mr. Sunburst calls us on the landline saying how easy it was for him to install. Go figure. I think he quite enjoyed our painful struggle and did this on purpose. Some peoples kids.

Shane

Old 01-17-2009, 12:35 AM

"Go figure. I think he quite enjoyed our painful struggle and did this on purpose. Some peoples kids. "

Sometimes you pay a price to be the King!
Old 01-17-2009, 12:40 AM

"TonePad this problem is that Vista is the C: Partition on your triple boot.
Whe Windows 7 installs It defaults as the C: Partiton and Masks the old(Vista C:) this is because you can't have to Active C: Partitions.
This is part of the New Boot Loader."

THX for the intel Matt P, at least my freeware Bootloader "EaseUS" sees it, so I can choose it on the boot screen. It's only an annoyance if you're trying to raid the Vista drive, I just have to think ahead about what I might need to move over to the 7 partition in advance.