Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2012, 10:37 AM

Default Elastic Audio can't render-then loses audio file

Elastic Audio can't render-then loses audio file. The rendering process stalls (or crashes). Then when I reopen the session is says it can't find the audio files. It will do this on some tracks, not all. I have one track that this is absolutely repeatable on. It was a stereo track.

This happens using X-Form or Rhythmic. I have had it happen at 48kHz and 44.1.

I am very careful to cry bug but it sure seems like one. Any advice would be appreciated.

Mac OS 10.7.3 Clovertown 8 core
Pro Tools 10.1.2 HD 5
18 gigs of RAM
Old 06-08-2012, 04:52 PM

Default Re: Elastic Audio can't render-then loses audio file

Bump.,,, no one has had any problems with elastic audio in PT 10??. It can't just be me can it...I'm getting paranoid
Old 06-08-2012, 06:03 PM

I've done some EA work in PT10 and haven't had any issues. I only used it a couple of times but it was on a pretty large session and it worked as expected. I'm currently on 10.2 but was on an earlier PT10 version when I used EA, can't remember exactly which version though.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:21 AM

Did you drag this piece of audio into PT or did you record the audio and then try to edit it? I experienced this once. I draged a percussive piece of audio into PT.. It was out of time so i activated elastic audio. Pt locked for a second and shut down. Opened session again and the audio was gone.. Now, when you drag audio into PT like that you have to save the session before you can edit it. I sometime even cosolidate it to make sure its in the audio folder before editing. I havent had the problem after that. I made it a habit to save all the time..
Old 06-09-2012, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocka View Post
Did you drag this piece of audio into PT or did you record the audio and then try to edit it? I experienced this once. I draged a percussive piece of audio into PT.. It was out of time so i activated elastic audio. Pt locked for a second and shut down. Opened session again and the audio was gone.. Now, when you drag audio into PT like that you have to save the session before you can edit it. I sometime even cosolidate it to make sure its in the audio folder before editing. I havent had the problem after that. I made it a habit to save all the time..
I recorded the audio in the session. Scratching my head on this one
Old 04-30-2014, 04:57 AM

I just had the same problem. Very strange and annoying. No solutions yet??