Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 06-23-2013, 09:29 AM

Default iLOK activation was working then stopped

I managed to activate everything for last night and was using PT11 for a good hour after which I shut it down then turned off my computer (macbook). When I tried to open protools11 again this morning my iLOK no longer worked to authorise it and I don't understand as literally the only thing that changed was my location, being at the studio rather than at home.

All morning the iLOK manager has been saying my iLOK has 2 activations (protools 10 and 11) and suddenly an hour ago it switched to saying 0 activations and it now won't activate again.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:31 AM

Default Re: iLOK activation was working then stopped

Sounds like more iLok problems.

If you you have not yet placed a support request, please submit a Support Ticket at iLok.com:

https://www.ilok.com/support.html?type=gn
http://www.videopark.com
MacPro 6 core 3.33 GHz, OS 10.12.1, 8 GB RAM, PT12.6.1, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, PreSonus DigiMax, MC Control V3.5, dual displays,
Neumann U-47, Tab V76 mic pre, RCA 44BX and 77DX, MacBook Pro 9,1, 2.3 Mhz, i7, CBS Labs Audimax and Volumax.
Ampex 440B half-track and four-track, 351 tube full-track mono, MM-1100 16-track.
Old 06-23-2013, 01:15 PM

I had the same problem on Win7.

First everything was working fine, both PT10 and PT11, was testing opening old projects and creating a test project with PT11 etc.

Then suddenly trying to start either PT10 or PT11 would give an authorization error. I also noticed that the new iLok manager gave some error message when trying to log on, and the iLok did not turn up on the list.

I uninstalled everything iLok I could find and then reinstalled the new iLok License Manager only. Now it works again.

There are now less PACE instances in the win7 "uninstall a program" list, so I guess it may have been some old PACE driver or SW causing the problem.

Well, lets see how long it lasts.

(As a side note... after doing the uninstallation of suddenly the PT10 stopped reading any old projects, giving a "could not complete the Open session... command because of converting tracks" error. I did a repair installation of PT10 which did not help, but doing a repair on PT11 solved the issue for now... )
Old 06-23-2013, 07:26 PM

thought it was safe to upgrade PT, now I am in ilok hell...

this morning: installed pt10.3.6 and pt11, ILM detected the license on my ilok and i was able to use pt11 for a hour before I shut down my macbookpro. now when I start up pt10 or 11 I get an unauthroized error, when I start up ILM, it now no longer recognize my ilok as plugged in.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:57 PM

ok, found a temp solution, seems like everytime I reboot my macbook, ILM no longer recognizes my ilok, the solution I found is to uninstall ILM and reinstall it again everytime i boot up my macbook. *sighs*