Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2017, 03:20 AM

Default Max length of a mp3 bounce from pt10?

Hi! Is there anyone that could help me? I would need a mp3 bounce / export with the closest possible file size to 4GB. Apparently the length of a session does not correlate with the max length of a bounce. PT10 gives me a 1440:00:00 timeline (24hrs) but when trying to bounce that it gives me the error "The requested file is too large the file type to support". Tried also to consolidate the whole track (It´s only one stereo track here i would need to be converted to mp3) and export the clip but same error code again. So, how to define the max file size/ max length of a PT clip which could be bounced/exported to mp3?

Undestood that at some point years ago the max size of PT file was 2GB but is that a size of an exported file?

My pro tools is PT10.2.0 and I´m using a Mac OSX 10.8.5. if that has something to do with something...

((What do I need this for? Oh yes, maby too complicated to explain in detail but in short: art exhibition with multiple simultanious mp3 players looping non stop for a long long time... This all is to maximize the sync in some of them over this period))
Old 02-12-2017, 04:00 AM

Default Re: Max length of a mp3 bounce from pt10?

IN case someone finds his/hers way here n wonders: I already found a way around the problem by using a mp3 joiner app WavePad.