Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2012, 11:42 AM

Default Wacky Keyboard on D-Contrl

The keyboard in our new D-Control is behaving very strangely.

It arrived with the keys installed in a Mac configuration, but the switch on the back was set for a Windows config. As a result the Comm button wouldn't work, tab and option were wrong, etc.

After throwing the switch, the buttons behaved correctly, but now the Mac will not see the keyboard on startup.

If, after a reboot, I throw the switch back to "Windows" and back again, everything is fine. Or if I plug another keyboard into the Mac then replace it with the D-ctl keyboard, it works fine. Both workarounds are obviously not acceptable for everyday use.

Anybody run across the same issue? How would I make the D-ctl keyboard "discoverable" to the Mac?