Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2012, 03:10 PM

Default No activation code? (Edu Version)

Ok so I'm going through a recording program and right before the portion of the course where we start dealing with Pro Tools and Plugins, we are mailed an MBox Mini and Pro Tools 10 from the school. Just received it yesterday, the student version. Now..I don't have an activation code anywhere around. The only thing I found was a little booklet saying to go to this identit-e site and scan/fax all these credentials proving I'm a student. Seemed weird that I had to do that, being as I was mailed this from a school.

So I called a prior student who finished right before I started and said he had to do none of that to get his Pro Tools going and had no problem getting it activated. So until I get it activated, I can't get the license via iLok, and obviously, can't run Pro Tools.

Is this something I merely need to give Avid a call about or am I missing something here? I'm not totally naive with PT, but with installing it I am. Any input would be appreciated as I cannot continue my curriculum until I have PT operating.

(Also I saw in the instillation guide that "If you purchased a new boxed version of Pro Tools, it comes with a pre-authorized iLok." Does this apply to the student version as well or have anything to do with my situation?

Thanks for anyone who survived my wall of text, but I'm about to rip my hair out over this if I can't get things going. Cheers!
Old 06-02-2012, 09:18 PM

Default Re: No activation code? (Edu Version)

they need to varify your a student so avid can put you in their system to avoid you selling this copy and just getting another protools copy ...

their should be a car inside with "code on it" starts with "Edu" its right on the card that says avid needs to verify your a student ....on that card there is a website you type code into send avid proof of enrolment and they will email you back the activation code for product