Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2006, 03:16 PM

Default PT 7 iLok backup license?

Hi,

I went to iLok website today to download a license for a plug-in, and noticed there is another license waiting for download for "PT 7 HD backup".

What is this, and why is it there? When checking my existing iLok licenses, there already is a PT 7 HD license onboard my iLok.

I hesitate to download this until I know what it's for. But there is no way to select what to download from the iLok site. It's all or nothing. The only option is too put it in the trash, but I don't want to lose it if its needed for something.

Any ideas? Are you lurking Digi tech support?

Mark
Old 04-20-2006, 03:44 PM

Default Re: PT 7 iLok backup license?

It's a backup. Leave it where it is until you ever need a backup license.

Say your iLok breaks or you lose it on the tour bus... you can buy another iLok and load the backup license on it and continue working.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 04-20-2006, 03:54 PM

Quote:
It's a backup. Leave it where it is until you ever need a backup license.

Say your iLok breaks or you lose it on the tour bus... you can buy another iLok and load the backup license on it and continue working.

Thanks for your reply.

I can't figure out how to download the Auto Tune license I need, and leave the PT 7 backup on the site. There is NOT a box to "select" which licenses to download. The only option is to put the ones in the trash you don't wish to donwload.

It's been a while since I've been to the iLok site, but I seem to remember the option to select which licenses to download. Don't see it now.

Mark
Old 04-20-2006, 04:00 PM

Quote:

I can't figure out how to download the Auto Tune license I need, and leave the PT 7 backup on the site. There is NOT a box to "select" which licenses to download.
Nevermind. My Bad. The selection option is available AFTER syncronization.

Thanks Rail.

Mark
Old 04-20-2006, 04:01 PM

You'll get the box to choose which license to doownload once you "synchronize". The site will check which actual iLoks you have connected right now, and then allow you to do various other tricks once it knows where it stands.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Rail....

Thanks. I needed a laugh on a Friday after a long week...

peace,

j mcd