Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2011, 06:34 AM

Default PLease,,Please how to fix TCE Plugins Factory

please how to fix could not create the plug-ins TCE factory default file because of a DAE error was encountered

Old 05-05-2011, 03:30 AM

Default Re: PLease,,Please how to fix TCE Plugins Factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by awan_anggara View Post
please how to fix could not create the plug-ins TCE factory default file because of a DAE error was encountered
Hi,

Are you able to open the plugin as an audiosuite and select the preset?

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:10 PM

2.5 years and still no fix or update?
Old 11-26-2016, 06:11 PM

Oooold thread, BUT in case someone else lands here after googling for an answer ...

I had the same problem today after moving to another hard drive. Here's what I did to at least get rid of the damned error.
I haven't checked every single feature in Pro Tools 10 here, but it's working fine for the voice over recording/editing that I use PT for.

Open Pro Tools (get past the error by clicking no ... ok ... whatever you need to do)

Open Setup -> Preferences -> Processing.

Note the plugin chosen in TC/E Plugin. I had "Time Shift" chosen and that's what f'ed it up. I'll here assume that it's the same thing in your case. Now, don't try to chose another plugin or fiddle with "Default settings" here. That'll crash the program! Just quit Pro Tools.

Instead, go to Library -> Application Support -> DigiDesign -> Plug-ins, and locate "Time Shift". Move it to the Plug-Ins (Unused) folder.

Now open Pro Tools again. Notice the error message has gone.

Open Setup -> Preferences -> Processing again.

Now, if it hasn't already automatically chosen the "DigiDesign TC/E" for you, you'll have to chose it from the drop-down list. As you can see in the attached screenshot, I also chose <Factory default> as the Default Settings.
Attached Images
File Type: png digi-tce.png (30.2 KB, 0 views)